Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '01 25RS. I only have a few mods right now: muffler,cold air intake(stock air box),ngk plugs,amzoil air filter. About 2-3 months ago I took it into the Subaru dealer to have a code cleared out of the computer, and ever since then I have had a popping noise out the exhaust when I let off the gas on a flat road or just a the crest of a hill. The noise is not a backfire, just a pop. The muffler and the rest of the mods have been installed about 6 mos. Any thoughts on this problem and/or is anyone else having this problem? Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
That's normal; I'm suprized you didn't notice the lift throttle popping before the ecu reset.

How does the car run "now" since the ecu reset?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
totally normal with an aftermarket exhaust...

what you've done is remove the stock exhaust
which was geared to muffle/baffle the backpressure noises...

now you've set them free :D

gurgle, pop, bang... get used to it ;)

jamie
www.subiegalracing.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everybody for your input. it still runs great. i just installed some nology wires and silverstone plugs. it feels like it pulls better through the shifts and it doesn't hesitate any more between shifts. i'm very satisfied with this upgrade. poping still there - i might put in a bigger intermediate pipe from the cat to muffler to see if that takes out some of it.
thanks again ,steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts