1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
95GF4 , 99SF5
1,337 Posts
You mean the Prothane kits?
Shift bushing works
rear trailing arm and hub bushings work
front control arm rear bushing (the big huge one) fits
front control arm front bushing (the one in the front subframe) can fit, it may need to be trimmed a little (too wide for the stock subframe by a few mm)
Only thing left is the front and rear swaybar bushings. I haven't tried them yet. My guess is yes to the rear, and no to the front (and that's only if you have the correct size swaybars).

· needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
12,639 Posts
I have an energy suspension kit for the gd and was told it would work for my L. Haven't had a chance to install it though. Can't wait to feel the difference

· Registered
2000 RS SRP
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice, I'm guessing that in my setup only a set of sway bar bushings will be wasted then because I think it comes with a set of 20mm ones and I've got a 20mm rsb. Thanks for the info guys.

· Registered
95GF4 , 99SF5
1,337 Posts
Found some pics from my install:
Front trailing arm:

Hub bushing old vs. new:

Hub bushing:

You can also order the parts separate from prothane. If you want just the rear, it's:

16-301
WRX RR Trailing Arm Kit 98-05

· Registered
my00 GM6
27 Posts
So I went to install a set of prothane front control arm bushings today. After getting everything apart I noticed that the inner diameter of the metal sleeve is 3/16" larger than the stock one. I noticed that even the oem bushing doesn't fit snugly on the control arm. I guess I don't get how this bushing works because it seems to me that this would create a bunch of play. Any thoughts?

Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.