Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a drawing of the exhaust we are working on with the help of Borla

As you can see the system is a slip together and will be spring loaded. This will allow for the system to flex, and thus reduce the risk of cracking the headers under extreme driving (a.k.a. rallying). The system will be constructed using stainless piping, a cat eliminator pipe will most likely also be available making it completely spring loaded from just past the header back.

·
Registered
229 Posts
For those that won't be welding it together what kind of clamps will you be including in the kit? The little U-shaped ones or the stainless steel strap kind? Or perhaps something better?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No welding or clamps will be required. The system will hold together with spring hooks, just like the Prodrive Group N system does. This is a race system and therefore designed to flex at the joinings to reduce the risk of cracking.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you ever seen the way a race pipe/header mounts to a motorcycle with the springs holding it together? If so that is what I am referring to. I will see if I can come with a pic somewhere.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have also decided to supply a street system as well.

Current price estimations on the exhaust is $500. We are considering pre-selling 10 street kits. If you are interested please contact me via email.

Here is what the street system will look like.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I just wanted to update everyone on this. We have made arrangemnts to obtain a high flow cat with dual O2 sensors, so chances are very good that we may be offering a complete system. (Borla Headers, PM highflow cat, and PM cat back, all in stainless steel)

I will keep everyone up to date.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to update everyone. We are just waiting for the highflow cat to arrive so we can take the car into the shop and make the piping.

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Cool Dante!!!

Guys this exhaust is worth it alone becauce the flang for the axle back portion is moved up (Like on my Wife's Brullen exhaust) so you have more rear differential clearence for your Diff protector and what not...

I like it Dante.. will you offer a larger version for Turboed/FI guys? :D

Jon

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
you could run 2.25 in with force induction right?

if thats the case then i am interested very much so.... does your system come with a muffler or...............

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes a 2.25" system is still good for forced induction. The GroupN cars actually use a 2.25" system. Depending on how much boost you plan on running (under 7.5PSI) it may actually be a more efficient system than something larger (2.5" or 3"). Now I am not an engine builder or even a mechanic, but I have talked to enough builders and engineers that I have a pretty good understanding how intakes & exhausts works together as a complete system.

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
so for the fools who want to run more boost than that.. are you gonna possibly make a 2.5 or a 3 incher

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am still working on getting everything in line to produce them. I will try and keep everyone informed as to the progress.

·
Registered
2000 Audi S4
2 Posts
Please do as I am VERY interested in a "complete" system. Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dante - Interested in a complete system (Header, high flow cat, backbox) as well as I'm gunshy on going FI and if I do go FI I'll only be boosting @ ~ 5 psi. This could be a very good economical system for low boost applications.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Indeed, once we get all our ducks in a row and and get these rolling they will be perfect for NA and up to about 7lbs of boost. I am working on getting the patterns done and the fabricators in line, but if you have ever worked with fabrication shops you know how hard it can be. I want to make sure these can be turned out in a timely manner, before I start selling them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts