Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
07 impreza
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Subaru Impreza 2.5i just pulled the trany to replace clutch (only to find it's a broken clutch fork) still going to put in new clutch but noticed an oil leak on the rear crankshaft This is my first subie and first subie clutch Job. Please help! How Hard is it to do the seal? How do you do the seal?

·
Registered
00 BRP rs sedan
286 Posts
rear main seal most likely needs to be replaced. but check if the oil is only in that area or starts higher and drips down

·
Registered
07 impreza
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol easy for u to say I'm a girl and this is my first time doing a clutch or anything major on my car....so i need to know if i have to remove anything else and what exactly i have to get and do ... please

·
Registered
00 BRP rs sedan
286 Posts
just be carefull and torque everything correctly. and resurface or replace the flywheel if your putting in a new clutch

·
Registered
07 impreza
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a whole new clutch kit and slave and fork now i need to replace the seal ....is it easy to do the seal?

·
Registered
00 BRP rs sedan
286 Posts
clutch kit most of the time does not come with flywheel.that is separate. getting the seal out can be tricky. the main thing is do not mess up the C/S or the block trying to take it out. use my link that i provided. that will make it easy for you.

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
Lol easy for u to say I'm a girl and this is my first time doing a clutch or anything major on my car....so i need to know if i have to remove anything else and what exactly i have to get and do ... please
So what do you and dont you know about doing the clutch?

Cause there is a metric ****-ton of thing that have to be done to get the clutch out..

There are plenty of guides to do it.. its just a matter of what you already know/found

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,627 Posts
Hardest part of getting the rear main seal replaced is removing the clutch and flywheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts