Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
07 impreza
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sick: I have an 07 impreza that is having clutch problems. It wont go into gear when the car is on only when it is off. The pedal goes to the floor and I have to pull it back up. The fluid seems to be full and no apparent leaks. The clutch was replaced at 100,000 and the new clutch has 20,000 miles on it. What else could be the problem. Please any input would be great!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Impreza (Awaiting Swap)
764 Posts
Wrong Place for this thread. But check your clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder, hard and soft line..... I would honestly replace all of them, there all pretty cheap and not hard to do.
I ran into/ still having the same problem. My pedal just sticks to the floor.
Iv been told moving the piston thing around in the slave (piston that pushes in the clutch fork) would fix it, but I have not tried this yet.

·
Registered
01 2.5 rs sedan
13 Posts
May be a weak pressure plate. I had same problem with pedal sticking to the floor

I Changed everything clutch,flywheel,clutch master and slave, stainless steel line. Still had the same problem with it sticking to the floor. Everything was bled no air in line. Instead of buying another clutch and doing all over again, I Just Put a return spring on the pedal to bring it back.

·
Registered
07 impreza
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see mine wont go into gear when the car is running only when its off. and the pedal gets stuck when you push it in

·
Registered
01 2.5 rs sedan
13 Posts
Oh check the clutch fluid. Bleed it till there's no air in the system. Use fresh brake fluid from a sealed container.
Try replacing your slave cylinder that could be it. And if that don't work do the master and clutch line too.

·
Registered
00 rs silver
141 Posts
my problem was when it got stuck to the floor. turns out that it was the Clutch master cylinder. also when replacing either the master/slave, replace the the clutch hose that's next to the Slave. reason why it's because the hose is made of rubber and they start deteriorate from the inside causing the master cylinder to fail prematurely. i Say that because i replaced the master cylinder and worked but 3 months later it failed again. i noticed that the master cylinder reservoir was tint black. only thing is that i did not bleed the master correctly so it resulted a failure causing the air to shred the hose internally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts