Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Legacy L
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know anywhere I can get pics of the clutch cable bracket for my 94 Legacy. Pretty sure I have the wrong cable and bracket in the car. All the bracket pictures I can find show the bracket is flat where the cable goes thru it. But mine has an extruded part on it. Plus mine uses a different clipping system than the one in the pics I have seen. Haynes says there is a flat u clip that hol.ds the cable to the bracket. I am attaching some pics to try to give you an idea. Will post this on the board as well.

For reference the left/top cable is the one in the car now and I included a pic of the clip I have.

·
Registered
94 Legacy L
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If the previous owner put in a different bracket and cable from another subaru do you guys think that could be the reason my clutch fork has broken 3 times since I got the car in feb of 2008

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
If the previous owner put in a different bracket and cable from another subaru do you guys think that could be the reason my clutch fork has broken 3 times since I got the car in feb of 2008
That wouldn't cause broken forks. You can adjust the nuts on the end to make sure the cable isn't holding the release bearing against the pressure plate all of the time even if the cable is a slightly different length.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.