Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Brighton black
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hopefully someone has some ideas for me to try. i've been working on my 96 brighton for the last few months and wanted to start the car so i could move it.

i connected everything up and when i turn the ignition nothing happens. all the lights come on but the car wont turn over. there is no nose from anything. the battery has 12.36 to 12.38 volts but im not sure if that is even what i should be checking. the only thing that's not connected is the plug under the driver seat, but i wasn't sure if that would keep the car from starting.

i've gone over the car a few times looking for un-connected or loose connections but have found nothing. the only thing that i changed and have put back to the original position is the clutch pedal, i change the height of it so it lines up with the break and gas pedal.

please help

·
Registered
96 Brighton black
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as of lately most of the work has been done to the exterior of the car. the interior is completely gutted. i've been carefully not to disconnect and plugs and one that i have i've labeled. on that not the guy i bought the car from didn't do the same but it was running. he had random wires hanging everywhere which i've been trying to go through and find what they go to. the only ones that i have ripped out of the car were stereo wires.

·
aka obs111
2004 WRB WRX
970 Posts
Well, your problem is within the ignition system. I would check to see if your starter has a good connection first. If it has a good connection, then I would guess its is your ignition. Make sure everything coming from your ignition is plugged in. If none of that works, come back and we can really dig into it.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,164 Posts
check the ground on the starter, not sure if you were messing around in the engine bay, but everytime i have gone to start up my engine for the first time after swapping it and nothing happens i think "doh! ground on the starter!"

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Check the clutch switch if it's a 5spd, depending on what you have been messing with it may not be hooked up, may not have it's plunger fully depressed or may just be bad. Check all fuses for any possibly blown when you were messing around. Two easy checks to start with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.