Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS BRP
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic of what happens when you have too much speed and not enough room to make the powerslide.:eek: Oh well it happens:happynow:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
Ouch!:curse: That came apart like it was plastic or something.

Nick C.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
33 Posts
Ouch. I hope there isn't anything else damaged.

I went driving up in the mountains yesterday with my balding RE-92s in a snowstorm. Those tires really weren't helping much. Even with AWD I really need a set of snow tires. The RE-92s are fun when there isn't anything solid to run into, just because they slide pretty easily.

I saw something like 10 cars stuck in ditches on the side of the road. It is amazing how people who live in Colorado can't figure out how to drive in the snow. I even saw a RWD minivan with street tires trying to get up a steep snowy mountain road. They just stopped and started sliding sideways with the rear tires spinning...

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
sorry to hear about that that happend in my last car but atleast you can say that you have snow to play in and im still waiting for that day to come!:curse:

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS BRP
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankfully nothing else was damaged. I found a wheel off a wrecked RS at an auto recycler to replace that one. It is pretty expensive to buy new OEM wheels.
Mike

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Wow, those pictures nearly brought tears to my eyes. Painful!

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i had a similar experience on a gravel road with curbs. along with the screwed up rim, i put about 4 degrees of positive camber into it as well. 1500 bucks later, and now she's all better. be thankful you got away with just a busted up rim.:)

-brian

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
ouch, that looks painful, but at least you have snow to play in.

·
Registered
392 Posts
how fast do you think you were going? i've slid into a curb sideways having some fun but got away with some curb rash nothing that bad..

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
ouch, that looks painful, but at least you have snow to play in.
yeah, like 2 years ago :lol:

i once slid into a ditch on the outside of a gravel road and actually got grass stuck between the rim and the bead :eek:

·
Registered
2.5 RS
169 Posts
GET THOSE WHEELS REPLACED NOW!!!! PLEASE!!!

You don't want to end up like me, first I had the stock tires on and slide into a crub cause they had no grip and the hit, and the landing took out both tires on the left side. Car was gone for a month and half got it back, then drving back from the gym I hit a big pothole (felt like a ditch to me) and both tires went out on the right side. Both rims cracked and rubber completely off the rim in the back. Those stock tires suck, start huntin for some REAL tyers and rims and put them on there. I got 4 tries and rims and an upgrade to 17" from 16" for like 1100. I got the hook up on the tires from a friend of mine at NTB. I got the rims from tirerack.com. Prodrive P7's for 189. The price dropped on them so I snatched them up. I really like them alot.

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
I'm sure the rims have already been replaced. Look at the date the thread was posted.

Nick C.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts