Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is about a motor that had rod kock so I'm just curious.. on a EJ25 cylinder #2 at TDC I'm able to press the piston down and it also has a thud sound associated with it, so is this on the crankshaft bearings right? I wonder if the block could be saved? I know the crank most likely not.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
You should not have that much movement in the piston/rod or rod/crank. Something is wrong... where? Could be multiple things.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
probably bad conrod bearing i tore apart a ej205 that had similiar issues as what you described, every crank, and conrod bearing was toast a few had spun and welded them to the rod itself crank was done rods were done. so if you wanna rebuild that motor its possible the block is still good, but for the amount of work that will need to be done/amount of new parts required your probably better off finding a new/lowmiles shortblock.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably bad conrod bearing i tore apart a ej205 that had similiar issues as what you described, every crank, and conrod bearing was toast a few had spun and welded them to the rod itself crank was done rods were done. so if you wanna rebuild that motor its possible the block is still good, but for the amount of work that will need to be done/amount of new parts required your probably better off finding a new/lowmiles shortblock.
I wonder if it's worth putting a ej22 crank in a ej25 block? I do recall that one of the years the thrust bearing moved positions and I'm not too sure where the changed happened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts