Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Looks like a blast. Tell that guy in the last pic to quite jockin' your car or you'll take his girl.

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,954 Posts
the video is bad ass, there is no way i can drive like that (yet) in snow. I'd love to race in a snow one day.

Did you have snow tires?
do you just steer into the corner, or do you tap the brakes to start a drift when you're at a correct angle?

:stupid:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my car actually just sat there with a forlong look on its face as i raced someone else's car; the yellow MR2. it was on blizzacks. and let me tell you, it doesn't matter with that thing :) i'll post up the incar footage once its compressed (we're still talking ~90megs). i would have been way faster in the scoob, but i still managed to finish about midpack in the AWD cars despite being traction deficent. the car was a handful, which made it a blast. its not like the scoob where you can overdrive the car and still be saved. the mr2, if the tail comes around, forget it, and try to make a 360 out of it. it really made you focus on your line, maintaining momentum, and staying smooth. it was a real "less is more" kind of car on ice. i got a pretty good feel for it on the faster sections of the course, but at the end, where it just kept getting tighter and tighter, is where i had my problems. it seemed like the way to do it was abit of power on oversteer (not a problem in that car :) ) to get the required rotation for the corner. but once the tail was out, there was no getting it back. lousy physics.

as for the EVO, it was on studded tires which is why it could drive like that. i actually went for a ride in that bitch (you've seen the pictures of me sitting in it with a big stupid grin on my face). 90mph. that's right, 90mph sliding out of a corner on a frozen lake. with the MR2, i hit 45-50mph, and where it hit that, the EVO was already slowed down and sliding into the next corner :lol: that thing was badass.

Tell that guy in the last pic to quite jockin' your car or you'll take his girl.
not to fear. i kicked his ass and ravenged his woman, i just wouldn't let jon post the pics of that ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts