Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics of my Silverthorne baby!

Well, I finally got around to taking some pics of the free stickers on my car, so I decided that I might as well take some others, and post them up here for all to see and be amazed!

I'll start with the stickers, since that's what got me started:D

Attachments

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is what an engine compartment looks like after 20k miles, 3 rally-x's, a few adventures on logging roads, and no washings:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice ride. I really like your two tone front badge! How did you attatch the 2.5RS badge to the front grill? Your engine bay looks pretty clean, I made the mistake of driving in mud and it looks pretty bad under my hood!
Alex:nuetron:

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! The 2.5RS badge has an adhesive on the back, so I just cleaned the grill really good, then pressed it on really hard to get good contact. So far, no problems, and it's been through one rally-x and a few brushless carwashes, and it shows no signs of coming off yet. And the grill badge is actually 3 colors, there is a green stripe between the rad and blue, but it's hard to see, even up close; it just blends in with the blue. Next, I want to try a swirl design, but that's going to take some time to get right.

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the swirl design, I'm planning on using the red/blue combo. And I also picked up a really old-school Subaru badge off of eBay, and I might give it a try on the grill, also. By old-school, I mean the original style, where the stars actually looked like the constelation, and not the stylized badge we have now. I figure, if my car is considered old-school now, might as well flaunt it!:D Oh, and here's my idea for the swirl, going to be tough to get it masked off right, but should look good if I can do it right:

Attachments

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And here's a pic of the old-school badge as compared to the regular stock badge. You can see the difference in the stars, as well as the fact that the old-school one is a little bit bigger. But I figure that some 3M automotive tape should hold it on pretty good. Soryy for the crappy pic, my cam doesn't take very good pics in low-light.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Oops, I didn't see the pic until after I posted! Sorry!! I think I like the new style better, personally. It's just cleaner.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts