Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm sick and spending the day infront of the computer drinking fluids. With all this free time on my hands I figure I might as well ask some questions that have been bugging me lately. And since you guys can tell me everything I need to know about a car why not ask about women. Somewhere in the years of my last relationship I lost the knowledge of picking up a woman. That is if I ever really had it. Now I have no problem if I know the person at least partially. But since I tend to know fewer and fewer people these days I'm left with meeting strangers. So How would you guys go about that initial conversation? I know my main goal is for a phone number to get to know more and then ask out if I think it's worth it. This isn't meant to be a how to take someone you've never met before home thing. My real world case is a girl who works at a local video store. She's attractive and she works there. Thats all that I know about her. Where to go from here? BTW she is just an example I'm not infatuated or anything she just looked good. There is also the girl at the grocery store, one I saw in the hospital cafeteria, and a real hottie that blew my doors off on the highway a few days ago.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate when answers are simple like that. It may work or it may not, but I'd have never thought of it. Guess I'm renting movies tommorrow night

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
What works for me - treat her like a friend - a GUY friend to some extent. Like hey, what's up - whatcha doing this weekend - wanna go out. If she says no, just blow it off and say "no biggie. Hey, I want to rent something good - what do you recommend - and don't blow smoke up my ass - pick a GOOD movie." Change the topic, move on quickly like it really IS no big deal.

If you treat her like a friend you're more likely to exude confidence and that is what works. Who wants some nervous screwball to come up and be a dork?

It might take a few tries, but just be cool....

·
Registered
210 Posts
i suggest searching for "bruclee" under the off-topic on i-club ;) maybe you can find the "rules"...

oh wait wasnt the my boss is hot thread closed?

·
Registered
161 Posts
just a few tips

By Fran Greene
10. Flirting is an attitude: A good flirt is self-confident and not
afraid to take risks. Be enthusiastic and positive, it works!
9. Start a conversation: The best opening line is saying hello. Talk
about the surroundings, ask a question, ask for help, state an
opinion.
8. Have fun: Be playful, light-hearted and spontaneous. Show your
vulnerability.
7. Use props: Never leave home without a prop. Props are natural
conversation starters. They encourage conversation and others will be
compelled to start talking to you. Great props include: dogs, kids,
unusual
jewelry, a fabulous scent, a sweatshirt with your favorite passion,
interesting ties, hats, or an interesting book or newspaper.
6. Be the host: Change your behavior from the role of guest to host.
You are not the passive person in waiting, but rather the welcome
committee.
5. Make the first move: Move closer to the person you want to meet.
Say
hello!
4. Listen: You have two ears and one mouth because you should listen
twice as much as you speak. Listening is a true art. Your flirting
partner will be drawn to you. Everyone loves to be heard.
3. Eye contact: Make eye contact, but please look your partner in the
eye gently (no more than 2-4 seconds) and then glance away. Don't
stare
– it's a turn off.
2. Compliment: Compliment your flirting partner. The best compliments
have the element of surprise. The "flirtee" will know that you really
noticed them. Remember, your compliments must be honest, sincere and
genuine. When you receive a compliment the best response is merely,
Thank
You!
1. Smile: It is contagious. It will make you so much more
approachable.
A smile lights up your face and draws people to you. You will be a
people magnet. Try it!

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
One I use sometimes. I say I'm have vacation time I need use up and I have no idea where to go, ask what some of her best vacations were. That seems to open the personal barrier. If you're at a restraunt and you see good looking girls ask the waitress to send a picture of water to there table and tell the girls it's on you. That's works almost 100% of the time and if it doesn't you don't lose anything.

Check her surroundings too. Look at what she's wearing, jewelry, and such. If she's wearing a Subaru shirt then your in. Look for a common link. I pretty much have a F-it additude when it comes to breaking the ice with girls. Nothing tried nothing gained.

But don't ask me because I don't anything about women.

·
Registered
72 Posts
haha one thing NOT to do:
I was in the mall like a year or two ago was walking to a store and two guys walked by me and said as loud as they possibly could"Nice Tits" I almost turned around and decked the guy that said it...:boxer: I was sooooo embarrassed.

but then something I always think is nice:

I have a big tattoo on my back, and if I am wearing something that is low enough in the back to show it people will come up to me and say"wow thats a kick ass tattoo " or something to that effect.

so basically if you kind find something ,like a VISIBLE tattoo then use that as a conversation starter..or anything like maybe a necklace or somethin...

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Try this.

If you have small hands tell a girl. "Hey, I have small hands I'll make your boobs look bigger."
Or if you have big hands tell a girl. "Hey, I have big hands I'll make your butt look smaller."

Works everytime!

·
Registered
72 Posts
hehe cool! take a wild guess as to what mine is...*hint*my screen name

If you have small hands tell a girl. "Hey, I have small hands I'll make your boobs look bigger."
Or if you have big hands tell a girl. "Hey, I have big hands I'll make your butt look smaller."
Yep that should work fine to get you smacked pretty hard ^_^

·
Registered
23 Posts
This :) thing really is kinda wierd. I spent one day going every girl I see I'm gonna smile at. I went to the mall and just kept on grinning all day. I got alot of no response, one bird, and some frowns. Then as I was leaving I saw a particularly beautiful young lady. i gave it one last try.:) she looked at me and gave me a absolutly great smile back:biggest: It made me smile even bigger. Then as I continued walking by I couldn't stop smiling. I kept smiling as I left to go to my car. Then I relised SHIT she smiled back and ment it!! I spun around to go find her and just about knocked her on her ass. She had followed me to talk to me. I was kinda embarassed. But she smiled again and it was great. I think I'm gonna go call her.

You gotta not care. But when they mean it, Go for it.
Good luck ,
Mike:sunny:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those rules I posted I picked up along time ago, A girl I dated in High School gabe them to me after we broke up (she was pissed I went into the ARMY, still friends though). The thing that works best for me now is just to relax and let things flow. If your nervous (most guys get that way when their lieing or trying to show off) girls pick up on it. Thier not stupid, the ones you'd want to spend any length of time with, ie, the non-player females, just want to be treated nicely and not be used like a piece of meat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
haha oops hehe let me specify on why I am called sailorgirl
I like sailor moon

this pic here is actually what my tattoo is (the big one with the angel wings) that is the exact same pic as what is on my back ^_^

1 - 20 of 47 Posts