Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

741 - 760 of 760 Posts

·
Registered
'99 BDP RS Coupe
489 Posts
Do lips made out of gardening materials count?

Levels out the front bumper and sideskirts nicely at least.

·
Registered
01 RSTi RHD, 98 EJ205 GF8
3,470 Posts
Was gonna wait until it was painted to post but what the hell. This is a Rare stage 21 front lip for the version 1-4 bumper, here it is on my v4 bumper. Pretty sure its the only one in the country. Doesn't fit as good as my chargespeed type 1 lip on my v6 bumper, but dont get me wrong. This one still fits like a glove. Just not 100 % like the chargespeed. Its basically the middle piece, the way it comes together with the end pieces could be better but I'm happy with it. Ill be sure to post more pics once the car is finished getting put together and painted. (and also during the day)

·
Registered
V5 WRX STI Impreza Sportswagon
45 Posts
Was gonna wait until it was painted to post but what the hell. This is a Rare stage 21 front lip for the version 1-4 bumper, here it is on my v4 bumper. Pretty sure its the only one in the country. Doesn't fit as good as my chargespeed type 1 lip on my v6 bumper, but dont get me wrong. This one still fits like a glove. Just not 100 % like the chargespeed. Its basically the middle piece, the way it comes together with the end pieces could be better but I'm happy with it. Ill be sure to post more pics once the car is finished getting put together and painted. (and also during the day)
Nice. What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
07 WRX, 06 STI, 00 RS, 05 LGT
69 Posts
Looked through several pages in this thread and others and couldn't quite find my answer. Does anybody know the best vendor on ebay to buy a ver 6 replica from or anywhere else? Im looking for the best fitment possible and also under $100.

I found tons on ebay but want to know if there was a best vendor with the best fitment. I may just buy one from bestracing motors. I bought my sti lip from there and it fit perfectly and still looks new 3 years later. Thanks in adavnced.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
they're all the same. they get their Chinese knockoffs from the same place.
it's $100. it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
07 WRX, 06 STI, 00 RS, 05 LGT
69 Posts
they're all the same. they get their Chinese knockoffs from the same place.
it's $100. it doesn't really matter.

Gotcha. So when members on here say there is fitment issues, what is the issue? Aren't there just x amount of holes, have some one hold it and line it up, then drill in the screws w/ washer. I know on my sti there were like 3 or 4 mounting points you could take out the plastic pop screws and reuse them to hold the lip in place before drilling.

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,091 Posts
Mine is a poly Bakemono rep (considered to be one of the better rep variants) and it still had fitment issues.

-Extra material on the bottom causes it to wrinkle and wave.
-Misaligned holes making mounting more difficult
-Material contracts or expands and fits too loose or too tight (I had to pull mine really tight across the bumper before it fit.
-Material could be thinner/thicker in some areas as compared to others
-Etc.

741 - 760 of 760 Posts