Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'99 gc8 project & '16 wrx
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to see what these look like. I am debating between a 225/50/16 and a 225/45/16 right now, going with the Hankook RS2. Can someone give me some pics to compare. As long as the 225/45/16 doesn't look too small, I think I am going with them, sounds like everyone that picked that sizes hasn't had rubbing issues, like the ones that went with the 225/50/16.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
1,739 Posts
AGX's on SPT springs (basically the same spring as Eibach). Love the ride, not too harsh and you can stiffen them up quite a bit with the AGX's for autoX.

·
Registered
'99 gc8 project & '16 wrx
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you have any pics, I am still debating whether the 45 series is the right choice. I know it will look good on the H&R's but with the P1's I wonder if they will look dinky. I would love to see some pics with them on your car, and know what you drop is, so I can feel more comfortable. have you had any rubbing issues.

·
Registered
97 L Wagon
27 Posts
I have no rubbing issues whatsoever, but that's because I'm on GPMoto fullcoilovers with 8k front and 9k rear springrates with strut settings at 10 in front and 12 in rear (16 way adjustable). Also, with stock style struts, you have to deal with the HUGE cup that the spring sits on, whereas on full coilovers, the small perches give you quite a bit of room to breath. As for fender rubbing, nothing, but I haven't gotten a chance to AutoX it, just some spirited driving around town, and it rubbed a bit in the rear fenders, but I raised it a notch and it's fine now. Here's a comparison shot:

Stock

Lowered on GPMoto coilovers (dunno how much, but no finger gaps)

·
Registered
11 Posts
looks nice on 225- 45-16, do you have any full side shots with out them jdm angles. its hard to see the wheel size porportioned to the car. ty

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS Auto 4 Door
505 Posts
goshred025 said:
anyone else have 225 45 16? bump for more pics

That's the size I run on my M3 and it sucks, very limited selection.

I have BFG KD2s (The rain tire of the KD line) and it's been good so far. Definatly a summer only tire, gets greasy on the track but it's fine for the street.

Softer than the Yoko ES100 sidewalls and you can feel it in transition, but it does help with the bumps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts