98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to post a pic of the day in about an hour, you'll like it :D

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
what part is the cross member? In the first pic...

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
where is the engine?

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/\
|
ME WANT 1..... Just 1... PLZ!!!

it was the old 1.8 engine, i was removing the oil pan to put it on 2.5 engine.. can you believe that 1.8 and 2.5 use same oil pan...

it was was a steering column, it's also in now... along with the gas tank, T-bone, sway bar... :D

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
I'd really like to see how this goes. As in ease, and time. I'm looking at doing the same with my 174,000 mile 1.8. Just don't know if I'm going 2.5, or 2.0. Will decide a lot on ease of install.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
let me make it easy for you.

is your 1.8 a 95 or a 96? 95 means obd 1 so you'll have to swap every little peice of wiring starting from tail lights and ending with radator fans.

96 is obd 2 so that should make the engine a drop in.

...as you can tell mine is a 95 :)

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
97 1.8, Manual too.:D

And just in case not everyone on the planet has heard. It runs and drives fine, and I paid $1700.:biggest:

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just in case the whole world does not know, the dude who "sold" me the car paid me 500$ to take it off his hands, cause he thought it was evil.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
For some reason, being drop in doesn't excite me. I thought I'd have a much bigger project on my hands. I suppose I could complicate it by "dropping in" a snail, and a little pluming at the same time I drop in the engine. Yeah, that should make things difficult. Then again though, what better time to go turbo?

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, if you go 2.5 why not get cams from cobb, heads from borla or brullen, since you're gonna heave engine half way apart for cams, might as well get some lower compression pistons, reinforce the bottom end and slap a 25 psi turbo in.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yea.... i forgot that you'll have to: breed brakes, bleed clutch...bleed power steering...flush antifreeze....figure out a way to put freeon back into AC...tranny and diff fluid...put a couple more cuts on your already covered in oil mixed with blood hands...

...i'm about to do just that. performance .4 fluid, cheap oil, cheapest antifreeze, cheep tranny fluid.

After the car starts, and drives for 500 miles, all that shit's coming out, and i am gonna put redline back in.

thanx

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
RotarFreak said:
well, if you go 2.5 why not get cams from cobb, heads from borla or brullen, since you're gonna heave engine half way apart for cams, might as well get some lower compression pistons, reinforce the bottom end and slap a 25 psi turbo in.
Sure, then I can buy a stand alone engine management device, or replace valves all day. Oh yeah, I don't think the Brighton tranny, weak axels, and diff will like 300HP. Add another $.50 for those items.

In all seriousness, I'm thinking I'll buy a wasted 2.5, part half of it, save the driveline, and put give it maybe 5 psi of boost. That should get it up around the 250 mark, only piggybacks, and stock tranny/internals.

Then again, I might just got the N/A route, spend a lot of money doing it, but have the ugliest 250 HP Impreza around.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:eek:

what you say?

too many words i dont know.... a stand alone engine management device thingie?:run:

you're weird:p , that stuff is for newbies, why dont you get some Type R stickers..... YEA!!!

TYPE R!!!

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Well, I just found out today that the 2004 STi is pushing 300HP. I think I'll just get the decal kit for it. That, and an intake should make it 350HP.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
by the way, "--Tom Waits" is da man behind your quote

1 - 20 of 27 Posts