Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:drool:
I swear this make a difference too. This sits RIGHT on top of my INTAKE filter!!.. Highway driving is even more impressive!!

I am going to Match paint it.
*********** But for some reason*********

When i bought this BONNET from TEAGUES auto it was painted black and with a horrible finish. NOT smooth at all!!. Even some painter wont touch it because they cant make it match perfectly with my car. KEEP IT BLACK some say??

Attachments

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Wow, that looks like it's pretty effective! Almost a ram-air scoop, but you don't have the water ingestion problems inherent fro an open hood scoop. Sweet! But, yeah, try to get it color matched. Maybe you could even have the shop blend the paint by having some overspray to the hood, that way it would be a gradual, spread out color change that nobody would notice, instead of people asking if the scoop is painted the right color because it's sitting right next to the hood, which would be ever so slightly off. Did that make any sense?:confused: Just ask the shop about blending, they should know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Miles,
Ok MY car is a little baby I have 2 cars, so my RS stays in the garage 24/7
No rain, snow, ice, to hot, anything.. So it is the bomb., I used tyo abuse the shit out of it and drive it in mud and dirt but no MORE!!!

No well in hell am i letting a maint shop throw overspray all over my car............. I can easily take the hood bonnet out and put the OEM back to WASH MY CAR!! But I t makes a difference. I dont knopw what a body shop can do..
Peace

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
Ideas, although I wouldn't necissarily do these to my car, you might like them; everyone's got different taste.

Get a CF hood and then put a layer of carbon fiber on the outside of the bonnet so it matches. That would be pretty cool, if you're into the carbon-hood look.

Paint a big stripe down the center of the car, like old musclecars used to have.

Add some huge subaru graphics, and make sure that you somehow cover the entire bonnet with one of the graphics.

Repaint your entire car. The subaru paint is kinda crappy in the first place. Steel Mica Blue...the best color of all Subaru paint schemes...

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Imprezawd said:
Miles,
Ok MY car is a little baby I have 2 cars, so my RS stays in the garage 24/7
No rain, snow, ice, to hot, anything.. So it is the bomb., I used tyo abuse the shit out of it and drive it in mud and dirt but no MORE!!!

No well in hell am i letting a maint shop throw overspray all over my car............. I can easily take the hood bonnet out and put the OEM back to WASH MY CAR!! But I t makes a difference. I dont knopw what a body shop can do..
Peace
Ah, I understand. Didn't know it was a garged show car. You could also just take the scoop down to a good body shop, maybe even the Subaru dealership, and give them the paint color code for your car, and have them put a couple good coats of paint on it. And scotty305's idea about getting the whole car repainted isn't too bad of an idea, either, but it's a pretty expensive way to get your scoop to match the car!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to find some one who will do it right the FIRST time. ANd that wont be my dealship! I know // Ineed some good guys to do this!! I also want to GET the P1 lip spoiler from IMPREZAER on I club!!
RIchie

·
Registered
70 Posts
Talk to Jim Rider (Imprezarider) he has the same vent scoop and when he got his it was rough aluminum and not in good shape. He had it finished somewhere and it matches the hood perfectly and is as smooth as the hood.

·
GC8 FTW
7,469 Posts
if u take it to any ppg certified body shop...basically what they will do is....sand it down prep it...just like they would with a fender...and then paint it.....and it should be fine...the color will be the same except for maybe sun fade on the rest of your car...but thats not really noticeable unless u have had the car for 10 years in the sun lol..

-akcel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's mine

Here's the best picture of my custom made carbon fiber scoop. I think it looks many times better than the MRT style scoop, and directs and pulls the air more effectively.

I know what you mean about a noticeable difference though. The car seems to accelerate a bit harder with it opened up.

BRIAN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts