Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Photo Reference Thread for Impreza Seats

173K views 303 replies 102 participants last post by  rapmasterziggy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all. In reference to this thread, which is just one below this one right now, I thought it might be a cool idea to have a "reference" photo thread, with all of the variants of RS/WRX/STi seats, foreign and domestic. So, JDM, EDM/UKDM if they're any different, plus the USDM ones.

Please try to post good quality pics. :) Yeah "pic" threads should be in the Gallery, but this is more of a reference point than a "show off" thing. Once we get some posted, maybe I can edit them into this post in some kind of order. Something like that. Though I guess if you label it, for example, "JDM STi Ver.6" that'd be cool.

Thanks!
Chris

#169 ·
Thanks for your replies!

Here in my country those seats are quite rare in a GT (well, in fact, there are only a handful of GTs as mine). Almost all GTs sold here by the dealers came with these seats:

GTs cost nearly US$ 30,000 here (back in 97-98-99)... they came with no ABS, no airbags (strange for such a sport car), no front 4 piston brakes (since MY99 they came as standard), no sunroof...

#173 ·
i know this isnt really a thread for this but i dont want to start a whole new thread over this little question... i plan on purchasing some 04-05 sti seats really soon.... i can get a blue carpet with them for a little extra...anyone know if it will fit correctly?

#176 ·
What matters most to me is what seat will allow me to adjust my butt height?

I like having my butt sit low, and my legs sit high - this is the only way I can make long distance trips without my legs falling asleep.

Since the RS seats are pretty much garbage (in my opinion) what should I look into swapping them with?

#178 ·
The scuttlebutt used to be that the JDM seats from the GC Imprezas pretty much all only had driver-side height adjustment. Which for them, of course, is the RIGHT seat.

However, as I recall, first-gen USDM Forester driver's (LEFT) seat brackets and bases could be swapped on, which basically gives you the same adjustment.

Alternatively, I suppose you could do some serious overseas searching, and find an EDM (Euro) seat pair, with the wheel on the left, and pay to ship them over.

#190 ·
looked through this whole thread and couldn't find these...what are they??

they came in my '00 coupe when I bought it

the main thing I notice is the IMPREZA on the top in black...anyone know?

you can see the bottom better in this one...sorryyyy for crappy pics!

#194 ·
So im guessing having Sti seats with a 4 point harness would be pointless and annoying if your just cruising with your friends? Because i like the way the sti seats with the harness look but they seem like a pain to install and not worth if unless you rally it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.