Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of gathering turbo parts my 1999 Impreza OBS, I came across a 92 legacy turbo (ej22t) for $300 about a hour away from me, the body is starting to rust a little and the tranny is shot. I was wondering if I could take the block from the 22t and put it on my phase 2 motor without and problems? That should help lower the compression and I wont have to worry about blowing the motor as easily.

· Premium Member
91 LSi w/EJ22T
1,996 Posts
A legacy turbo for $300?! You'd better jump on that! If you bought it, i could start a list of parts i'd be interested in. If you do buy it PM if you decide to sell some parts off it.

As for your question, I've read that the EJ22E heads will bolt up to the 22T, but the water passages do not line up exactly right. The EJ22E heads flow better then the 22T. But if you know what your doing the swap should not be that bad.

· Premium Member
91 LSi w/EJ22T
1,996 Posts
I can't tell you exactly how close it is cause i've never actually seen how close it was. If you could look up the specs on the water passages and see how close they are, you can get a better idea as to what would have to be done to get the 22E heads to work on the 22T block. Could be an extreme port and polish, might have to get the block machined. If you part it out lmk man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.