Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 05 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS and I already have a cold air intake system, performance headers, raceland lowering suspension. I was wondering what else could I do to make a little more performance out of it, Ik I can’t do much because it’s a none turbo but I was wondering if I can do a tune or what other mods can I run???

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
595 Posts
Cams from deltacam.com, tune from www.delicioustuning.com (if they tune your car, I'm not sure if they tune 05's). Consider this, between cams and the tuning device, and the tune itself, you are probably spending $1k for 20 or so HP (more money if you pay someone to install cams). If that's worth it to you, go for it. But for me that's a lot.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
974 Posts
Sticky tires, best mod. Swaybar, lightweight wheels. Dont waste money on "power mods". Unless forced induction. Or just trade it in towards wrx.
Ymmv

·
Registered
2000, Impreza RS 2.5
75 Posts
Get a beefy rear sway bar with end links and bushings (24mm) and strut bars for front and rear. This will hugely increase your cornering ability and the strut bars add a second level of safety to side impact collisions. I’d also consider getting a pitch stop motor mount, they are rather cheap and greatly increase the firmness of shifting just be sure to get some lithium grease and lube the hell out of it before you install it. Lastly a lightweight flywheel or crank pulley is a nice addition but do not get both... get one or the other as having both will reduce the weight by too much for the idle air system to properly catch the engine on neutral or idle resulting in engine dying at stand still. If you need a new clutch would be the time to get the flywheel

·
Registered
2000, Impreza RS 2.5
75 Posts
I forgot to mention the absolute best mod you can get for around $35-$50... a stainless steel braided clutch line. Not sure exactly how your car comes equipped so inspect before you buy, but my 2000 RS came stock with a standard rubber hydraulic hose and a hard plastic liner wrapped around it. Needless to say I went through 2 clutches in 3 years because I never thought to check the clutch line ... as it turned out my clutch line was cracking and bleeding clutch fluid. I replaced it with an eBay stainless steel braided line and put in some fresh DOT3 fluid and haven’t needed a clutch now in over 6 years. This is a very wise investment as a failing line or even a standard rubber one will expand over time from the heat and once that starts you’ll either grind gears, or destroy your clutch gradually as the clutch is not being properly disengaged fully by the the fork even when you fully press the pedal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts