Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
142 Posts
I found these Pedder camber bolts on RSD
Camber bolts

Rumor is they can add -1.5 and yet are oem style.
Anyone have any experience with them?
You can get +/-1.25 on stock camber bolts. If you try hard enough by loosening everything and pushing the top of the wheel on the rack, you may be able to get +/-1.5 out of them too. It looks like Pedders just modified the lobe slightly to get more out of the eccentric hole of the strut, but realistically there is only so much to gain before requiring going to aftermarket lower camber bolts.

If you want to increase camber, I suggest going with a camber/camber plate top mount setup. Or getting aftermarket camber bolts (that are installed in the lower strut bolt position).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was under the same impression that the stock camber bolt could do up to 1.5. And maybe they gave the OBS a smaller lobe or maybe the alignment shop is wrong, but they keep saying that they can only get -.5 out of my setup. Now you've got me really curious to the issue

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
142 Posts
I was under the same impression that the stock camber bolt could do up to 1.5. And maybe they gave the OBS a smaller lobe or maybe the alignment shop is wrong, but they keep saying that they can only get -.5 out of my setup. Now you've got me really curious to the issue
Most likely has to do with the taller springs on the OBS. A shorter spring will increase negative camber, hence why the factory alignment specs call for -0.25deg of camber on front left and front right on the RS, (as well as toe-out) so what your shop is getting then makes sense (assuming stock suspension).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, but I'm on jdm v6 springs, rs shock bodies with koni inserts, so I'm pretty much a RS.
I just compared the factory part numbers on rs camber bolts vs obs, and they are the same.
I'm just going to take a gamble and order the Pedders

1 - 5 of 5 Posts