Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Impreza WRX STI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Patience pays RS STI soon...

Many people have told me that patience pays:confused: . Well lets see if that is the case. I have been waiting for a long time to see if is time to make the right decision as far as what to do to my 1999 RS 2.5

I almost ordered a turbo kit but after doing a lot of research, I would then be left with the dilemma of the weak transmission and would not get far with the kit since to really boost thing up the internals on the engine would have to be changed. I figure if I went trough this path I would have probably spend 10,000+. Then I started to do more thinking and I kind of liked the idea of buying the sti ver 5 engine/trany/ecu from Lachute Subaru and

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STI version 5
STI ver5RA drivetrain. Motor with alt, ps pump, VF28 turbo, heavy duty 4.44 gearbox with adjustable center diff with 4 position dash switch, intercooler, wire harness and ecm . Prices starting at 9500$ - 14500$ CAN. Call for more info and installation prices.

Part # Description Price
STI ver5RA STI Version 5 RA $13500.00 can dollars
STIver5RA Version 5RA with 280hp,adjustable center dif15500.00 can dollars
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sti ver 5

Some quotes I got of Swaps with wrx and sti ver5
WRX 2002 Engine + drivetrain

Engine + transmission + Unichip
7 000,00 $
+ up Pipe
Rear Diff 650,00 $
Front cross member 300,00 $
Front sway bar 150,00 $
Higher output fuel pump 300,00 $

Installation 3 000,00 $

Miscellanious including oil, gaskets… 350,00 $

Total before taxes 11 750,00 $

* All these prices are in Can $

Total before taxes in USD $ approx 7 300,00 $

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STI V5 RA

Engine + transmission 13 850,00 $

Rear Diff 650,00 $
Front cross member 300,00 $
Front sway bar 150,00 $
higher output fuel pump 300,00 $

Installation 3 000,00 $

Miscellanious including oil, gaskets… 350,00 $

Total before taxes 18 600,00 $

Total before taxes in USD $ approx 11 555,00 $
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I saw the news about the US 2004 STI and I started thinking (again for some of us, there is never enough of something to satisfy the thirst of having more) someone is going to screw up:devil: an act of God(you know kids ussually do screw up when it comes to fast cars) :bump: and there will be a sti cheap parts around:biggest: . So patience my fellow RS 2.5 owners and you will be rewarded!!!! I only hope that I dont age a lot during this process. Its just that when spending $$ you have to be sure otherwise you will regret it.

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
I'm glad i didn't wait... i've had so much fun and I was one fo the very first to have an RS-T (April1999) through the years its been a great learning experience and headaches... but damn, it was worth it... wait too long and your sitting there just waiting..

·
Registered
392 Posts
yeah i know the feeling about waiting. Recently i've come to that point where i just can't wait any longer.. i've even thought about selling the rs and getting a elise imported or going with a transam. Both of them have awesome power to weight ratio's but the 2.5 sti will be great hopefully. Just need to fix this addiction to more power soon. :stinky:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Soon we'll be able to swap over the EJ25 from the turbo Forester as well. Easier to find and most likley cheaper.

·
Registered
392 Posts
good idea.. wonder how much power that's gonna pack.. maybe it'll be off the same block that the sti's gonna use.. we can only hope ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd like to get ahold of the block and the internals. I'll keep my stock heads so I don't have any issues with the wiring harness and sensors. It would be a cool swap though. Send out the old heads to be ringed while I'm at it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
any ideas on what tranny is gonna come with the forester? any links to forester info other than subaru.com? The tranny has to be better than the past rs tranny or at least i hope.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'll stay with my A/t until SOA makes the 6spd a standard transmission for all Subaru cars. I'd hope they would use the 6spd with the turbo EJ25 since it makes alot more torque which kills your gears faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts