Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

481 - 484 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
97 Imp OBS
270 Posts
I know this is an old thread but....a question or two. 02 wrx swap into 97 OBS...is the brackets for the wrx power steering pump and alternator the same as the 2.2? I know I need a wrx pump, remote reservoir and lines but what about the bracket? Also will the 2.2 A/C pump and bracket work or do those need to come from the wrx?

edit: the engine is a 2.2t stroker block with ej20k heads. Also can the 2.2 coolant crossover pipe be used or does that have to come from the 205 as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 STI guts in 96 Impreza L coupe

Swapping everything over to my 96 L coupe. Swapping the entire drive train, and even the 05 dash. I think I have a good idea of what is needed, but with this in mind, can i get away with keeping sti harness for the most part?

I assume i will have to change some connectors etc for headlight and tails, but from my general thought, I feel like i could get away with doing it myself easily.

Please let me know what you think

Amazing thread

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm wanting to swap an EJ255 from a 2005 Outback XT into my 01 Impreza RS. After reading through everything I believe I know all the parts I need to pull but please correct me if I'm missing anything:

Complete engine w/all sensor and accessories minus the a/c comp.
Engine and under dash harness
Drive by wire pedal stuff
Fuel pump and control module
Ecu, key and immobilizer

I plan on modifying my stock crossmember

Anything else I should pull from the donor car?

Thanks in advance for the help

481 - 484 of 484 Posts