Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been to area1320, precision, akuma, azp and rallispec for various reasons but this shop has been great so far with no problems until now. I have done a bunch of suspension work with them already and watched him dyno multiple 3/400+hp cars with zero negative complaints and nothing blowing up. I can't find one bad thing about this shop or any car he's tuned and the owner has been great to me from the day I met him.

Also how is that youtube vid different from what we did? He started with valves closed and used breaker bar instead of hand turning the crank because timing was still attached.

If anyone wants this motor I'm happy to pass it on to anyone and again I have been neutral on op just merely relaying what test results were yielded when I dropped it off to the shop. I am not comfortable putting it in but if someone wants it you can have a 'running' motor for cheap. Shop says he thinks potentially bent valves. He says it may run, but nowhere near full compression... no disrespect but are you sure you gave me the right motor? You didn't have 2 lying around right? Also did anyone ever leak or compression this test on the car it came off of? As I have been saying from day one, isn't there at least some possibility something went wrong somewhere before I got this motor? OP and I hoisted it personally and strapped it down so you know it was transported and handled correctly. The reason one week has passed is because we tried your 2 day atf trick and we have had one weekend in between. Also not for nothing there was a full snake nest on this motor so is it really me keeping it outside orrr...

I still fail to see how I'm somehow lying or scamming.
:_sure::lol::lol::lol:

That part is wrong, in the video the guy does it to show what a bad leak down (bad valves) test would look like. You set the engine to TDC and DO NOT touch it, then add pressure and see if it leaks (again DO NOT open the valves).

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
:_sure::lol::lol::lol:

That part is wrong, in the video the guy does it to show what a bad leak down (bad valves) test would look like. You set the engine to TDC and DO NOT touch it, then add pressure and see if it leaks (again DO NOT open the valves).
Alternatively, on a subaru, you can take the timing belt off and turn the cam until it spins freely. This means there's no tension on it, and the valves are closed. It's very obvious by feel when this happens.

·
Registered
Dirty Whore
790 Posts
Or just put plugs back in and try to spin it, you will definently feel compression, If they leaked as bad as he says, crank would spin with way less tension...if any

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Or just put plugs back in and try to spin it, you will definently feel compression, If they leaked as bad as he says, crank would spin with way less tension...if any
Yeah, but OP has nothing to reference it against, so to him the slightest compression would feel different.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts