Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
There really is nothing to work out. I was honest, people have seen it run, and it was running before pulled. It sat in my garage, you gave me a non refundable down payment and then came and inspected the motor in person. You could have done anything you wanted to that motor, hell i would i helped you do it. You chose not to look over it and load it in the car. Now two weeks later you decide its a dud, how do i know its not a different motor after seeing the picture with multiple motors in the back ground? How do i know you didn't do something to break it? How do i know your compression testing or leak down testing it correctly? And to top it all off, you have now admitted to leaving the "junk" motor out side in the grass. Why would i take back a motor you have left to the element? I will bend over backwords to help people out. I Lend parts to people in a pinch, I sell parts super cheap because i dont like ripping people off, I even give parts away! But i will not get screwed by some scammer.

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
And just to clear things up, the rebuild engine is out of his new brighton, My engine was not rebuild and i told him headgaskets were not done

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,115 Posts
Read through all of this. IMO you're shit outta luck JavaBot. You keep talking about things like you know what you're talking about, when you have even admitted yourself you are unsure of them. Your story changes and multiple people have said that they have seen the motor run.

Classic case of sucks to suck right here. If i were Iarrobino, i'd be a lot less nice and tell you to blow it out your ass.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There really is nothing to work out. I was honest, people have seen it run, and it was running before pulled. It sat in my garage, you gave me a non refundable down payment and then came and inspected the motor in person. You could have done anything you wanted to that motor, hell i would i helped you do it. You chose not to look over it and load it in the car. Now two weeks later you decide its a dud, how do i know its not a different motor after seeing the picture with multiple motors in the back ground? How do i know you didn't do something to break it? How do i know your compression testing or leak down testing it correctly? And to top it all off, you have now admitted to leaving the "junk" motor out side in the grass. Why would i take back a motor you have left to the element? I will bend over backwords to help people out. I Lend parts to people in a pinch, I sell parts super cheap because i dont like ripping people off, I even give parts away! But i will not get screwed by some scammer.
From the videos we do know that the LEAK Down Test is NOT done correctly. :screwy:

BTW oil on the leak-down tester is from bad valve cover gasket, a fairly common problem and easy/cheap fix with engine out. With the covers off you can see if the valve are 100% closed to perform the test also.

EDIT:

Here is a link to a great video, see what happens when you move the engine to open the valve to cause a leak:
You can skip to about a minute in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_bXXRagi4

·
Registered
99rs silver
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Updated title from mod move to try to respect op.

I knew I'd get flack for this seeing as my trader rating is low and his is high, but as I have said from the beginning, pat seemed like a good guy the whole way through with good communication so that is why I have tried to be as diplomatic about this whole situation as possible. He was always in contact and seemed like a good guy all the way until leak tests were reported. At this point I am not expecting much as far as getting money back, but I would like to recover some of the funds I spent on this for the pure reason if you now add up the total price of two motors I could have at least swapped at an ej205 for about the same price. As far as working something out, I could see getting half back... with redelivery of this motor back to op or anything in between. All suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Yes I sourced the brighton from another forum and when that seller decided he'd rather sell the shell and not have to pull that motor himself, the shop agreed they'd take the shell for a potential drag car. They immediately left for yonkers ny to pick up the shell for me, so I'm not changing shops and this is a subaru first shop/tuner. He's also cutting me a nice break on the brighton and not charging for labor to remove that motor from all this, as he says he would have had to pull it anyway to put in whatever built motor that will go into it in the future. Brighton motor ran great and had much less rust, mileage, snakes and drama so we were able to see/hear/test that one before we bought it.

On a positive note, seems we have a nice sequel to snakes on a plane... and I may be graced with an unanticipated visit from wiring guru zephyr to help convert sohc to dohc!

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
I think what people are questioning is the validity of this "testing". You are hinging on the fact that it is a bad motor on it.

IF the motor was only sitting for a month then I would have put it in and fired it up, I'd bet that it runs fine.

If Zephyr is doing your wiring have him have a look (I know and trust him) heck get billy (broken motorsports) to look at it. I'd bet the install would be cheaper too! I can pretty much bet that Billy would have put it in and not bothered with testing, only because he'd have it in there so fast.

·
Registered
99rs silver
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I have been to area1320, precision, akuma, azp and rallispec for various reasons but this shop has been great so far with no problems until now. I have done a bunch of suspension work with them already and watched him dyno multiple 3/400+hp cars with zero negative complaints and nothing blowing up. I can't find one bad thing about this shop or any car he's tuned and the owner has been great to me from the day I met him.

Also how is that youtube vid different from what we did? He started with valves closed and used breaker bar instead of hand turning the crank because timing was still attached.

If anyone wants this motor I'm happy to pass it on to anyone and again I have been neutral on op just merely relaying what test results were yielded when I dropped it off to the shop. I am not comfortable putting it in but if someone wants it you can have a 'running' motor for cheap. Shop says he thinks potentially bent valves. He says it may run, but nowhere near full compression... no disrespect but are you sure you gave me the right motor? You didn't have 2 lying around right? Also did anyone ever leak or compression this test on the car it came off of? As I have been saying from day one, isn't there at least some possibility something went wrong somewhere before I got this motor? OP and I hoisted it personally and strapped it down so you know it was transported and handled correctly. The reason one week has passed is because we tried your 2 day atf trick and we have had one weekend in between. Also not for nothing there was a full snake nest on this motor so is it really me keeping it outside orrr...

I still fail to see how I'm somehow lying or scamming.

·
Registered
A Blue RS
2,975 Posts
Sigh, You left the motor outside you lost any reason for pat to take the motor back, you made it a piece of scrap aluminum. And you really need to think more logically, I feel almost like the shop is using the "freind card" to get more money out of you, spend some time on nasioc and look up some of the other cases of shops doing the same thing and maybe then you will see you are a in a bad spot.

Please take the motor to another shop and have them test it, always get a second opinion.

Pat owes you nothing please stop asking him for money, you bought a used part there is no warrenty. And you left the motor outside

And finally you will be breaking Federal Law if you put an older motor in your car than what should be in there I highly recommend you reconsider that

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
After now admitting to leaving the motor outside on the grass by the dumpster, why would i ever take it back? No refund at all will take place.

·
Registered
99rs silver
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
If zephyr comes I'll ask him to take a look and see what he thinks. I could have probably gone with billy (know him too) or mike at azp except my original motor blew out on me while I was at the shore in jersey so this shop was nice and close and came right out to tow my car away before it was stolen... which somehow it wasn't. :)

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
And unlike you, i do not have multiple 251's laying around, thats the only motor i had, it ran before pulled, it sat in the garage, you bought it. End of story, This is getting you no where.

·
Registered
99rs silver
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You gave it to me outside with snake nest on it! It's outside under a tarp waiting to be junked but I will ask him to pull it in if he has room and hold onto it for the claim. Anyway I will not resort to namecalling or dropping, just posting the facts for paypal. Perhaps I can take it to another shop to be tested while my car is under the knife and see what they say.

·
Registered
99rs silver
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I have mine, yours, and now the one going in. That isn't rocket science and you can match vins if you want.

·
Registered
99rs silver
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hell I'll even give you positive trader rating for the wiper motor and not ruin what you have with this motor issue. Again I know you're probably not happy with me right now but I do appreciate the replies in trying to sort something out. If sorting it out is putting it in and it runs then great, if it's half money back i keep motor or half money back I drive it back to you there are many ways I can think to come to an agreement.

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
What part don't you understand? You have admitted to leaving the motor OUTSIDE, i will never refund any money on a motor that has been left out side. You bought used parts, with no warranty and no return.

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
And once again i will explain it to you, i was cleaning and working in the garage, you saw the jeep on the lift, The motor was in the way, i moved it out that morning at 7am, i put a tarp on it because i didnt want it to get rained on because it was looking cloudy that day. I have a three bay garage, a two story barn and a basement, why would i leave a motor out side?

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
Perhaps I can take it to another shop to be tested while my car is under the knife and see what they say.
Take it to Billy.

and have you talked to Zephyr about putting the 25D in there?

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
Josh, what good would that do now after leaving it outside? Im not sure about there but weather hasnt been great up here.

·
Registered
99rs silver
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
But you admit snakes in a barn though. And you admit you had it outside how do I know you didn't store it out there? I'm not even accusing you of that but I could do what you're doing to me.

Anyway we don't need to make this worse I am trying to be diplomatic and keep things factual. I know my participation is relatively low here but I do have 100% positive and have plenty rep on other forums which is why I am trying to respect you as much as possible. I get no benefit to anything if I don't get my car running, end of story, I'm not lying or scamming anything.

·
Registered
99rs silver
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Have not talked to zephyr yet I was just relayed he may come down for this, but in the meantime I can try to contact him and billy to see what they say or try to get it over there for a second opinion before I have to start teaching again on sept 3.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts