Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the part # for the headlight harness on an 01 impreza? Its the one that hooks directly to the headlight.

Danka

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
Yours melted?

I dont think you can just buy that plug from Subaru, it comes with the whole harness and it is expensive... When my headlight harness burned out I bought a replacement from here. Much cheaper!!

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Connectors.asp
Item #CPH4CFC H4 Female Connector, Ceramic, including Terminals

·
Banned
349 Posts
Yours melted?

I dont think you can just buy that plug from Subaru, it comes with the whole harness and it is expensive... When my headlight harness burned out I bought a replacement from here. Much cheaper!!

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Connectors.asp
Item #CPH4CFC H4 Female Connector, Ceramic, including Terminals
+1 for rallylights.com. I had to buy a new harness before I sold my RS and it was cheap and quick shipping.

·
Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not ,melted, but the drivers side headlight, I have to wiggle the harness a little to get the brights to come on and even then it doesn't like to stay on.

Thanks Josh! That connector is exactly what I was looking for. Is it very difficult to install? Do you think they are worth it to replace in pairs?

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
Advance Auto Parts stocks them, something like $4 for the cheapo basic pigtail, or $10 for a pair of heavy duty weather-resistant pigtails. I'd suggest the later.

They should be behind the counter.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
Not ,melted, but the drivers side headlight, I have to wiggle the harness a little to get the brights to come on and even then it doesn't like to stay on.

Thanks Josh! That connector is exactly what I was looking for. Is it very difficult to install? Do you think they are worth it to replace in pairs?
yeah def replace the pairs, its is really easy to install. Just basic splicing and crimping...

·
Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ Nice I'll try there first since there's one right down the road from me.

·
Registered
95GF4 , 99SF5
1,207 Posts
The one's that Advance Auto Parts and Autozone stock are:
Dorman P/N 84790

They're very nice and cost about $10 for a pack with 2 in it (so you can do both headlights. There's enough wire included to easily splice into the factor harness. You can also order these from RockAuto.com just do their part number lookup. They plug right into the bulb. This is the correct connector.

·
Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up that harness n2x4 suggested and worked like a charm. My dad and I installed in about 15 minutes today.

·
Registered
95GF4 , 99SF5
1,207 Posts
Picked up that harness n2x4 suggested and worked like a charm. My dad and I installed in about 15 minutes today.
Glad it worked. Aren't the new harnesses much nicer than the old ones?

Funny thing about that part number. I had a hard time finding it when I went to do my harnesses. It doesn't actually cross reference to any cars.

·
Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just used crimp connectors on mine since I didn't have any of my soldering tools with me at the time. They've held up fine this whole time with no issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts