Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 RBP 2.5rs
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of removing my PCV valve the hose that is connected to the block that runs to the PCV valve broke in half. Does anyone know if there is a part number or can I just get a similar one from napa?

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; LG-P925/V10e Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

xilles said:
5/8 heater hose or 9/16 autozone has them in bags 15$
Heater hose will bloat and crack when exposed to oil and crankcase vapors.

·
Registered
1999 RBP 2.5rs
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; LG-P925/V10e Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Heater hose will bloat and crack when exposed to oil and crankcase vapors.
Are you saying I could have other issues as well? How do I go about preventing that from happening?

·
Registered
stm99,flatblack99,07sti,blk98
566 Posts
heater hose is the best bang for buck since its rated for high temp compared to high pressure fuel hose. most hoses sold are just 1 ply. and any hose will bloat when exposed to oil. try finding teflon lined hose for such a small fix. is quite unnecessary

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts

xilles said:
heater hose is the best bang for buck since its rated for high temp compared to high pressure fuel hose. most hoses sold are just 1 ply. and any hose will bloat when exposed to oil. try finding teflon lined hose for such a small fix. is quite unnecessary
Not quite. Hoses that are designed to come into contact with oil will merely harden and crack. Hoses or other rubber items that are made to work with an alcohol-based solution such as coolant or brake fluid will bloat when it comes into contact with oil.

Not all hoses are the same. Choose wisely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.