Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone uses the parking light switch?

I know that when you turn the parking lights on with the swicth, the dash lights do not dim. The downside, is if you are the RS off, the lights stay on.

I know at least of person that pulled a fuse to get the lights turned off (no that was not me), because they didn't realize they had turned the parking lights on when they were cleaning the car.

Debbie

:burnout:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I never do, but now that I think about it, it could be used as an anti-theft on-off switch if wired through the ignition instead of the lights. :D

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
RS25.com said:
I never do, but now that I think about it, it could be used as an anti-theft on-off switch if wired through the ignition instead of the lights. :D
not anti-theft now! :lol: we all know about it!

to stay on topic, when i go through a tunnel and i don't feel like turning on my lights, i'll hit that switch.

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
I've used it on the one time I've been pulled over at night in the scoob. (knock on wood) Lowered the window, turned car off, and put those lights on. And I got a warning as well. :biggest:

And I like the tunnel idea, I'll have to start using that.

AJ

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
JZ oo7 said:

to stay on topic, when i go through a tunnel and i don't feel like turning on my lights, i'll hit that switch.
But parking lights are for when ya are parked.....:curse: :run:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
EvasionOfTruth said:
But parking lights are for when ya are parked.....:curse: :run:
ah, when i'm parked i turn all my lights off :lol:

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
Ya, I use it when I need to park my car on the street and run into my place to get something. Which happens a surprising amount of times.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use it because it`s there. For me it`s the equivalent of buying a new stereo and it comes with all those buttons and you use every single button not because they really do anything but because theyre there!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JZ oo7 said:

I like it, for when I want to be seen, but I also need to see the instrument panel. Since the instrument panel does not dim when you use it.

I never thought of the tunnel....that would be good too. More so, since they sometimes have lights on during the day.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
ChannelZ28 said:
actually this is way off topic but I just noticed this dude has 2880 posts! how long has this club been around?
who da hell has 2880 posts? well, this club has been around for over a year now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts