Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
08 STI & 71 FJ40 & ruckus
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We at Paranoid Fabrications are happy to bring you great products at even greater pricing!

All our products are made in the great USA

For starters we have our Fender Braces. These braces are Laser Cut and Tig Welded to ensure strength with great fitment. They replace the stock flimsy sheetmetal brace and aid in stiffening up the front of the car. All our braces have the option to be painted Paranoid Green or regular black. We offer painted braces as opposed to powder coated to pass the savings onto you!

00-07 Impreza Fender Braces $60.00 plus shipping Click Here to Purchase

08+ Impreza Fender braces $60.00 plus shipping Click Here to Purchase

"This item includes spacers to help clear the seam under the fender. you may or may not need the spacers but are included just to be safe"

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
The new ones are obviously stronger since the brace itself is one piece and not welded to both end pieces. Plus the box design makes it extra strong.

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So taking to my engineer friend he thinks they are on par with each other. I did love the alu one but those where made in china for me. The manufacture of them after 4 years of service too my last payment and ran. So I decided to bring manufacturing back to the USA. After getting quotes to have the same ones made the price was just too high. They wanted 140 a pair after powder coating. I didn't think anybody would pay that. So now I have my laser cutter cut them for me and I tig weld them myself. So now a nice USA product that's still super beefy.

·
Registered
2001 BRP GC6
355 Posts
I am so happy to hear you are back in action with these cowl stays! I think they look great, and look very structurally sound. That back plate is a great idea. Great to hear you are making proper parts with !!! your own laser cutter! Well done! Will pick a pair up very soon.

·
Registered
05 OBS SE Forest Green
1 Posts
I love my fender cowl stays. They are one of the only handling mods I have done on my 2005 OBS (WRX, rear sway and strut tower brace), but they really help.

Just a few weeks back I was driving alone from Michigan to DC and a truck in front of me had a blow out. I swerved to avoid the shrapnel. My Subaru was agile, planted and responsive which helped me stay confident dealing with a road hazard that caught me off guard.

·
Registered
2000 RS sedan
674 Posts
Yeah so is the in fender coolant tank and I accomplished that...but the bolts are somewhat accessible?

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have done it a few times. Expect busted knuckles. The bolts are in areas that only a thin ratchet will fit. A ratcheting offset wrench helps.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts