Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

paint job vs detailing

732 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  kenh303 
#1 ·
Hi guys, recently ive bought an impreza L thats been sitting in the garage for quite a long time. The previous owner did a paint job (green to metalic blue) and I think he did the roof without sanding it down. there are some paint peeling near the sunroof and the color underneath it is the stock one. Now here is my question; Since i don't have much money to spare i was wondering if i should repaint the whole car before giving it the "ultimate detail" from delta sonic?

#4 ·
if the paints pealing on the roof and he didnt sand it I wouldnt even mess around with a full detail. like krotch said wash, wax, and vac. putting the car through that would cause the paint to peal more. and lets say he didn't scuff the original paint before hand either or didnt put enough coats...you might burn through it buffing it

#5 ·
I'd do the interior detail, but I sure as hell am not going to let some detailer steam clean my engine. There's a reason they require a signed approval, it's cause they've probably broken people's cars doing it, so they required the signature release them from any liability.

Express detail is probably the only thing I'd let them do exterior wise on my car and my car doesn't have peeling paint. That ultimate detail has way too much crap that I don't want them doing. Like them spraying undercoat protection in the wheel wells, ya, not thanks there. Also $330? Car's going to be dirty in a week anyways.

That Valugard crap is well....crap. It's not going to prevent rock chips or scratches and it's not designed to. You'd also have one hell of a time proving that your paint faded within the things 3 year warranty, which it won't do that in the 3 years regardless if the Valugard was there or not.

I would wash my car, then plasti-dip the whole thing before spending $330 for something to wash and vacuum my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.