Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one nasty nasty interior on my 97' Bright, i would really love a GD dash but i kinda like the roundness and smoothness of the stock dash...:rolleyes: but the thing is, i want my interior to look at least a dark color, kinda want that privacy ya know, maybe a black/grey.. but how can i do it? what stuff do i need? is there already a Forum on DIY painting interior? Thank you! :letitout:

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
Duplicolor makes paint for that. I hear it is OK for the low traffic areas but will need to be redone periodically on the higher wear spots.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,835 Posts
i just did the rear half of my wagon. front half has been swapped for stock RS parts. dash top and botton, and b pillars, kick panels and door sills, and center console.

rustoleum flat black matches the stock RS dark grey almost perfectly. as in, you have to catch it in the sunlight perfectly to see the difference in the sheen. i found out becuase i ordered a bunch of the square door sill plate clips and put them in my fronts..had a few left over and when i painted the rear door sills, i pushed em into the sill and i didn't see a difference. same with the little round radio button ones in the trunk.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just did the rear half of my wagon. front half has been swapped for stock RS parts. dash top and botton, and b pillars, kick panels and door sills, and center console.

rustoleum flat black matches the stock RS dark grey almost perfectly. as in, you have to catch it in the sunlight perfectly to see the difference in the sheen. i found out becuase i ordered a bunch of the square door sill plate clips and put them in my fronts..had a few left over and when i painted the rear door sills, i pushed em into the sill and i didn't see a difference. same with the little round radio button ones in the trunk.
Will the paint smell? is there a video of some sort so i can get an idea of how its done? im more visual then written Lol

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,835 Posts
^^^YES!! pull it out. it'll get everywhere, and you'll spend more time and effort taping shit off than it's worth.

you'll smell a faint paint smell for a day or three. nothing intoxicating. well..maybe..i like the smell of spray paint though.

i took pics this afternoon. gotta get em off my camera when i get home.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,835 Posts
here they go. the round push pins in the side panels and the hatch are both bone stock RS colour, as are the square push pins in the bottom part of the hatch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.