Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 L...
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they? I heard it was 70% and lower is a no go, but Ive heard many different stories. I want my windows tinted, and im thinking about 20%.

·
Registered
832 Posts
ride4life32 said:
What about people driving though PA will they get tickets, cause im gonna drive through and tint is limo tint style, with the front windshield completely tinted also, you think I can make it through.

I life just south of PA and have my windows tinted 35% (MD legal). I make semi-regular trips to the couple of towns close to me and have never been stopped for tint.

I don't think tint laws are really enforced by too many cops and are more frequently added on when stopped for other things. A friend of mine with a GTI got stopped here in MD for his exhaust, and cop also wrote him up for the tint, which was only I think 20% all around, nothing on the windshield.

If you're only driving through I wouldn't worry too much. You might not see any police and if you do they probably won't stop you just for tint. Could keep your windows down I suppose.

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
stm25rs said:
I life just south of PA and have my windows tinted 35% (MD legal). I make semi-regular trips to the couple of towns close to me and have never been stopped for tint.

I don't think tint laws are really enforced by too many cops and are more frequently added on when stopped for other things. A friend of mine with a GTI got stopped here in MD for his exhaust, and cop also wrote him up for the tint, which was only I think 20% all around, nothing on the windshield.

If you're only driving through I wouldn't worry too much. You might not see any police and if you do they probably won't stop you just for tint. Could keep your windows down I suppose.
Yea i figured I should just roll through with the windows down, but even so the back windows still cant be seen through with the windows down, lol its dark tint. I purposely did it so people couldnt see who I am haha, but ill make it a point to stay on main highways and interstates while going through PA haha

·
Premium Member
2001 ImprezaRS,BRP
351 Posts
local cop pulled me over for my tint, metered it then cited me. Just because the locals got new light meters and they were on a power trip.

As long as the tint levels meet your state requirements they cant do anything about it. Front windshield tinted they will nail you for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts