Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
01 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, i just got some used p1 springs and already installed in my gc6. problem is that i heard these spring give you a very good amount of clearance in the rear to balance it out with the front, and i saw many pictures about other members' rides and they look fantastic. however, my clearance is quite bad, i only have about 1 finger gap between the tire and the fender. just wondering why it sits soo low, and my front actually have about 2 fingers gap plus a little bit. anyone know the reason why my rear is sitting soo low? here's a picture of how the car is sitting now, not a good pic, but i will update more pictures later.

·
Registered
2001 RS
9 Posts
If it makes you feel any better my car looks the same (I'm running P1's also). Besides my tires rubbing every once in a while everything else seems to be fine. A great improvement over stock.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not the slope for sure.....i have seem them on the flat ground too....front is sitting higher compare to the rear. and i heard these springs should give you a even drop on both front and rear. but it doesnt seem like it in this case

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
struts are good...they were taken out on wednesday while installing the new springs. so i really have no clue on why the p1 rear sitting so low

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well...these p1 springs are used springs. although i been leaving them in the box for quite a long time. and it still needs to settle?....ummmmm...that really got me thinking....

·
Registered
00 BRP Impreza RS
284 Posts
Did the previous owner tell you which spring was which? Meaning driver rear or pass. rear? How many miles are on them?

My brother just put on some P1 on his RS (stock struts) and it was pretty much even all around.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JOHN16V said:
Did the previous owner tell you which spring was which? Meaning driver rear or pass. rear? How many miles are on them?

My brother just put on some P1 on his RS (stock struts) and it was pretty much even all around.
how's the gap in the rear? how far apart are they?

·
Banned
my00 RS BRP
476 Posts
yeah the new ones (blue) don't have the ass sag issue that the old ones did.

But seriously man your car looks great!!!

You're going to be one that notices it the most

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i heard the blue one are the one that has ass sag issue, and the red one doesn't..and that's why i bought the red one for my subie...:S

1 - 20 of 35 Posts