Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys got a 2000 l impreza thats been running kind of funny lately, when i give it a lot of gas is doesnt want to accelerate, or if it does its seems to have significantly less power, up to about 4000-4500 rpm, then it takes off like normal. i can feel it misfiring as well. through a p03020 code, cylinder two misfire, since ive had the car ive replaced spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, the seals for the spark plugs on the heads because it was leaking oil into the spark plugs. idk what else it could be. any suggestions? thanks guys, cody

·
Registered
Green 97 OBS
1,840 Posts
Check for vacuum leaks, the worst misfiring I've had was from injector bushings leaking. Take a can of starter fluid and spray it around all of the intake tract and other vacuum lines while the engine is idling. If the idle changes while you spray, you found the leak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about a coil pack? or my neighbor just said on his 06 forester the vavle guide slipped and caused the intake and or the exhaust valve not to open or close right. idk i just want my car to run right lol :(

·
Registered
Green 97 OBS
1,840 Posts
Well check for vac leaks first, its easiest and cheapest. Then if you have a multi-meter, test your coilpack. From wire 1 to wire 2 and from 2 to 3 should be around .7 ohms.

If you are worried about valves or pistons, do a compression test. If cylinder 2 is having compression problems, it would be obvious in a compression test.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i noticed a tapping coming from the cylinder that the computer said was misfiring. and my buddy pulled in awhile go with his 98 obs and i listened to it and it runs was quieter than my is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.