Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Impreza 25rs has been throwing P0031 and 0131. Replaced front o2 sensor and didn't fix the problem. What else should I check?? Air fuel sensor? Any help would be mucho appreciated!!

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
2005 Impreza 25rs has been throwing P0031 and 0131. Replaced front o2 sensor and didn't fix the problem. What else should I check?? Air fuel sensor? Any help would be mucho appreciated!!
any mods on the car?

check for damaged wires on the engine side of the connection.... stuff like that

what kind of O2 sensor did you get? OEM or universal kind.....

did it just come on randomly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No mods to the car - it is all stock

There doesn't seem to be any damage to wires in the engine bay.

I got the 02 sensor that was a direct fit. No universal type - it took a while to find one though because the dealer kept giving me a different fit.

I heard maybe the air flow sensor can cause these two CELs? Am hesitant to try since I wasted $200 on a front o2 sensor that didn't fix my problem.

Also, needless to say, the car is in SAFE mode and sounds like a Honda Civic.:wtf:

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2005 2.5RS 5MT Sedan
26 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm curious to know if it got resolved and what the issue ended up being (if the front o2 sensor wasn't the culprit)?

cheers,
M

·
Registered
2007, Subaru, Blue
1 Posts
O2 Sensors Front Installation Tips.

Hello all !!!

3 weeks ago, the check engine of my 2007 subaru impreza ( 100k KM/60k Miles ) went on.

Which means that the computer threw a P0031 ( Generic, HO2S Bank 1 Sen 1 Heater Circuit Low ).

I decided I could change it, dispite the warnings of many friends that told me the sensor would be soldered to the exaust.

I checked at the Subaru Dealer for the part. 370$ Canadien plus tax ( which is high in Canada ! ). At that price, it wasn't installed.

Then, I checked at the near by garage, they would sell it to me for 210$ Can not installed.

I checked on the web and I found so many differences in quality/price that it scared me.

Anyhow, I found a NTK replacement for my O2 sensor for 190$ + tx.

It's not difficult to remove, but you do need the proper tools. ( At least in my case ).
And they are :
1) Penetrating Oil to help loose the sensor.
2) "Crow Type" 22mm socket.

I had to remove the plastic protector under the car.
I also unsnapped the fender ( on the right; passenger ). This helped my add an extension to my wrench to give me more force to unscrew the Sensor.

I take some picture. I will try to put them here. ( But I'm new to this forum ).

I hope this helps.

Vincent.
Montreal.

·
Registered
1999 RSTi coupe
402 Posts
For future incidents such as this, go to rockauto.com. Same Denso O2 sensor that costs $150 at autozone costs $70 on rockauto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts