Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
470 Posts
Nice job cleaning the doors, I hate that black stuff. Double sided tape is a great idea. I appreciate how budget minded this is as well. Right up my alley.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 WRS-TI
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice job cleaning the doors, I hate that black stuff. Double sided tape is a great idea. I appreciate how budget minded this is as well. Right up my alley.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics.

Thanks, the door job was one of the first things I did to the car back in 2014. Cleaned the black goo and door mold off. I did the new door plastic sheets with double sided tape(turned out nice,I suggest it), speaker spacers, speakers with tweeters, and new "used" door cards(mine were in horrible condition). The bumper sanding is a more recent side project. I also have a jdm front bumper to sand and primer. A lot to update on this haha

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
nice! where'd u get the rivnut tool?

i remember in the early 2000s i needed one to mount a trunk bar in my first car, but saw that they were REALLY expensive because they were only sold in full kits.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Harbor freight sells a kit for not very much money $40 or so. If you want just the tool Marson makes a good one(they are close to $60 tho).

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 WRS-TI
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice! where'd u get the rivnut tool?

i remember in the early 2000s i needed one to mount a trunk bar in my first car, but saw that they were REALLY expensive because they were only sold in full kits.

I bought that one off ebay for $57.82 as a kit with many thread rivets, but I'm sure there are better options out there. I actually had problems with this one with the M5 bit threading into the tool. The threads on the tool were lopsided when I got it, but it works.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 WRS-TI
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Anyone want to help me with some identifcation?

AC plug?

Cruise control?

?

What is this thing that I have highlighted green and why is there a random pipe that goes nowhere connected to it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts