Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sup guys, my 07 Subaru started to over heat thought my sensor was bad so i replaced it. But still was over heating then seen the radiator has a hairline crack. So I also had the radiator and the thermostat replaced at a local shop. Car ran great for a bout 45m-1hr car is smoking from front and i have no heat. I did some research and i seen that i may need a exhaust manifold gasket because when i went underneath the car i seen the smoke exiting from that location. Can someone help me out with a solution please and thank you.

· Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
777 Posts
Is the car still overheating? If you dont have heat ita likely not the exhaust gasket as thats a completely differenr system. If the exhaust gasket was bad you should have an audible leak as well. No heat means either the thermostat isnt working, the cooling system is clogged, or there isn't enough coolant in the system.

· Registered
243 Posts
Was the cooling system properly bled with heat on to ensure coolant is circulating through the heater core? Is there coolant still in the car? Could be a variety of things as stalkergc mentioned but an exhaust gasket would not cause a overheating issue.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the car still overheating? If you dont have heat ita likely not the exhaust gasket as thats a completely differenr system. If the exhaust gasket was bad you should have an audible leak as well. No heat means either the thermostat isnt working, the cooling system is clogged, or there isn't enough coolant in the system.
Car has been sitting since last month. There seems to be streaks of some type of liquid that is visible on the manifold exhaust gasket. I'm leaking oil from God knows where now.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was the cooling system properly bled with heat on to ensure coolant is circulating through the heater core? Is there coolant still in the car? Could be a variety of things as stalkergc mentioned but an exhaust gasket would not cause a overheating issue.
I took it to the shop and supposedly they bled the system out correctly. I'm thinking of working on it and try to do it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts