Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Subaru Impreza that I have wrx swapped. I can drive it around town no problem but as soon as I get on the free way it overheats! I have done the water pump, thermostat, and all new coolant lines. I put an aftermarket aluminum rad in it and it’s still overheating. I have done a block test and my headgasket are good. I just ordered mishimotos fans and fan shroud in hopes it’s my fans. The fans that are on it seem underpowered. But if the fans don’t fix it I have no idea what to do next haha (fans do kick on correctly and coolant is bled correctly)

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,254 Posts
Does it push coolant through the overflow?

OEM or aftermarket (which brand) thermostat?

What PSI is the radiator cap?

·
Registered
203 Posts
What kind of Radiator did you use? Is it for turbo application? The turbo ones have an extra nipple next to the upper radiator hose that's supposed to allow drainage from the turbo coolant reservoir behind the power steering assembly. The fans won't really cause the car to overheat unless it's idling, if you're driving on the highway your speed will force air into the radiator and the fans aren't really doing anything at that point.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 rs black
154 Posts
Just to cover all bases was the coolant system burped with the ac turn to heat? I missed the end part that you said coolant was bled correctly, but like stalkergc said it should overheat on the freeway because thats when air flow is best its only when you stop or boost for a long period of time while going up hill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thermostat in the right way ? Was it over heating before all the new stuff ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts