Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
V5 WRX STI Impreza Sportswagon
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks. I like my new little sports wagon and love showing it off and what better place to do it than on here right?

Originally from CT but have been in Japan for almost six years. I had an EVO 4 for a few years and was considering selling it. Then, a few months ago I was offered the current Subaru at a price I couldn't refuse. It's completely stock and I already took it to the track to get a baseline lap time. It dyno'd at around 260hp. Parts are slowly being collected for next year's fun and hopefully I can impress the locals more than I already have.

The first pic I took of it -

I sold my car to someone in Canada and had the luxury of owning two cars at the same time. The day came when the EVO had to go though and I managed to get them in the same shot before saying goodbye-

I went to a dyno day that was featured in Option 2 magazine -

Went for a drive in the mountains -

Took it to the a local spot famous for shooting cars at-

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Headed up north to Ishikawa where I discovered beaches can be fun in the winter-

And, here is a video I took of my fastest lap at Central Circuit. Eco tires and crap brake pads hurt me A LOT but next year should be better :)

I will be sure to put up more pics in the future. Hopefully some snowy shots will be in order!

Be sure to check out my personal car blog - RoryFollowsCars
Or, my facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Roryfollowscars

My friend and I will be starting a new website soon that will have more content and more regular updates.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still buying parts and still don't have the motivation to install them. Picked up a Zero Sports exhaust-

I bought a TRUST oil cooler off a GDB but didn't like the condition so I bought a better one that will hide better behind the fog-

Picked this up a hopping to get ride of the engine movement. The first time I started the car after installing it, it sounded like a fake track of engine noise was being blasted through the speakers! I am almost used to it now though.

Here it is installed, but of course isn't visible anymore under the intercooler-

This arrived in the mail yesterday and can't wait to try them out on the track-

Still have coilovers, swarbars, and some other stiffening stuff to install. Just got a full set of new AD08Rs in the mail and can't wait to get on the track.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got the car into some real snow last weekend -

Had the AD08Rs put onto the summer wheels and onto the car the other day. Sticky little buggers even on the street. Hope to install all the other stuff next week!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work for a school foundation and do various English related things for them and their schools.

·
Registered
2009 BL5, 2001 RS
3,472 Posts
Welcome to the site and nice gf8! What part of CT are you from?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts