Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i beat my all time record, got 2 tickets within 5 minutes...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got a ticket for 96 in a 65, got out of it with just a Def. Driving course completion. What kinda help do you need?

Brandee

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well here is what i am looking for:

information on how to beat the ticket your self
* local laws
* things that can get the ticket dismissed
* is mailing a statement anoption

Lawyer
* decent lawyer Mt. Bachelor area
* previous experiences
* good prce

Any laws pertaining to radars, such as how often radar certifications have to be filed, is radar a subject to judicial notice in Orgeon?...

:p Alex-

i got a ticket for doing 77 in 55 (i admit my fault, i was speeding, so i got slapped on hands, i actually parked and waited for the cop, and he gave me a lower ticket for being cooperative)
and
i got a ticket for runing a stop sign in a parking lot. I didnt see that sign, there were no cars, i was doing about a mile per hour, and as i later found out, the cop been camping there for 2 days giving people tickets for dirty lic place, not using turn signal, and other stupid shit. I think that's plain wrong...

any way, that's my story

·
Registered
119 Posts
I beat mine myself. I wrote the judge directly of that court explaining the situation and asking for leniency. I got a letter back stating to take the Def Driv course and provide proof to the court. Bada bing, bada boom. Over. :) My ticket and case was in Eastern Oregon, cops and judges are known for being turds over there.

Since you have two though, if they are in the same court district it might be good to get an attorney. Writing the judge on the two issues might make you look careless. I hope that didn't come out wrong. :)

Hope that helps.

B

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already had a course last year, besides, 11 speeding tickets on my record wont look good any way you look at it.:rolleyes:

on a side note, they are in different courts, which is a plus. I guess my only choice is a lawyer cause i dont want to drive 6 hours for court :( and a letter is a long shot.

thanx

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Didn't you see the banner ad on the RS Club for TicketKiller.com? I actually approached HIM because that's how I get out of my tickets. Go buy it and let him know you came from here. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my older car a 82 Volvo i got 3 tickets in one stop. Careless driving, Speedracing and Failure to obey a traffic control device. I was told that i was speedracing an Acura Integra GSR and i found that funny. The $1200 in ticket fines I did not find so funny though. Get a good lawyer and one that knows the system and the money you could spend in ticket fees might just save your ass. Good Luck :nuetron:

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know such a lawyer?

heh, that sux dude...about your stop, but mine were 2 separate stops in 5 min interval this time :(... oregon is going down the economical hole, and they are doing anything to stay afloat... i head they want to implement sales tax!!! talk about gay!

On a side note, the most i ever gotten was 3 tickets at the same time, no proof of insurance, illegal lights, speeding. Grand total of around 900$. I got all 3 off my self.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah the lawyer is my uncle thank god. Keeps the fees to an absoulte bare minimum except for paying a few dollars for photocopies and documentation. He has a nice red Porsche and finds himself often in the courtroom for speeding tickets. With his experience he has helped me get out of several tickets. If it wasn't for him i would easily not have a liscence for a while.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you think he'd be able to help me by giving me advice, or fight them for me? thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts
probably not. i think he is celebrating his birthday for a month. he is either in napal or in the carribean doing something. just get a good lawyer that knows his stuff and you shoudl be able to get off the hook. I got off mine because the officer failed to state that the traffic infraction which occured was inside the county limits
that was the only thing that saved my arse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts