Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
regarding my past post about car not cranking after pulling engine and doing some maintenance.. all it does is buzz when you turn ignition on and go thru the gears (automatic) except for neutral. In neutral, it’s quiet. There’s an orange plug coming from the transmission and it has a “bracket” coming from the plug that is attached to the plug bracket. I clipped this not thinking that it may be a ground and also assuming it wasn’t integrated into the plug because I didn’t want the plug crumbling when I tried to disconnect it. I now assume it is a ground and that I may have messed up big time. First pic is of the plug I’m talking about, 2nd picture is of the bracket.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
577 Posts
That looks like an O2 sensor connector to me, which wouldn't prevent the car from starting. I highly doubt the tab you clipped is a ground, I have yet to see that in a Subaru. If the battery and starter are connected correctly and it's not cranking, I would assume the inhibitor switch is unhappy for some reason. Idk, double check for electrical connectors you may have forgotten to reconnect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. Yesterday evening I messaged briansmobile1 on Instagram) the guy out in Utah from YouTube and he directed me straight to the signal wire on the starter. I’ve never felt more stupid in my life lol. She’s back together and running great. Now I can focus on collecting everything for my wrx swap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts