Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
V3 RA Brighton my96
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Time to sell my project :(
First off sorry for posting this on my phone but the pc took a crap.

The tops of the coilovers are rusty in this pic. They have been cleaned. Also the car is lowered right now. However, the suspension can be raised to +1" above stock. And the glassing on the hood wasnt finished in these pictures. And the bay is dirty. I'll get better pics later

Long story short:
I was building a stage rally car, but didn't really research classes before I built the car. I know, I know...
****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****The way the car sits now it's open class, and I don't want to race open, and RallyCar won't let me race open.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

So im either looking to sell it. Or trade for a non turbo+cash, so I can run production class.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

So the car is a 96 Brighton with 125,000mi on the chassis. I bought a v3 RA with 70k mi on the chassis for the swap.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
So it's just a Brighton shell (usdm RA). With an ej20k, vf23 turbo, 5mt with dccd. R180 rear end and axles. R180 hubs. Black 4 pots. RA crossmembers. Cucsco comp coilovers, tein tophats (front), rolled fenders, RA pedal setup. V3 RA ecu. Wiring done by Iwire. 3 inch catless DP with a 4" bellmouth. Full 3" exhaust to a katimoto muffler. And a v3 RA gauge cluster with dccd. And a shitty boost gauge on the pillar just to see what I'm running.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
I just have some drag concept rims (8lbs a piece) and kumho exsta ast tires (brand new). The rims are on there for gymkhana. I never got around to buying gravel tires.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
The car still has full interior and no cage. Luckily I found out that I couldn't race open before I built the cage.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
Exterior is all stock, the scoop is molded in (with glass, not bondo). 22b front end. And a v6 carbon fiber wing, brand new, only test mounted.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

The car runs amazing. No knocks, shifts perfect every gear. And I've never taken it past 6k rpm. I've babied this car and never rallied or gymkhana'd it yet because I was waiting to get a tune before I really ripped on the 20k. I have put about 3000 miles on since the swap. I've done two oil changes and there wasn't any shavings or anything wierd with the oil.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
The car is set at 9lbs of boost right now. Not the 17 It's capable of. I'm running low boost until I get a tune.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
It also has black depo headlamps and clear 22b turn signals with an amber bulb.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
I also have 4/3 point corebau harnesses that I will throw in for free, they are brand new in box, I bought them before I relized I needed 6 points.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
I also have an aluminum radiator for it, oil catch, air filter shields etc.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
It also has JDM sideskirts that aren't mounted yet.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

The bad.
-I won't sugar coat anything. I'm completely legit, I'm not going to give you a car without letting you know everything about it.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
- It sputters when cold. Once it's warm it runs PERFECT. Never did troubleshoot it yet. Id imagine because it's tuned to 100ron.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
-The R/R coilover has a light clicking sound sometimes. No leaks on it though. It's the rubber bumper floating around.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

---SALVAGE title. It was salvaged because the front crossmember was bent, and it was a Brighton, so it wasnt worth replacing. Anyway, that's all taken care of. Because I have full JDM crossmembers in it now. The car was given an alignment, everything was set to 0.0. Then I added a little toe in. I have the spec sheet with the actual degrees. Just not on me. It drives perfectly straight with no more existing damage.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

- the 22b bumper has a 2" crack right under the P/S headlamp. I can fix that before sale.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

- it is currently registered in CA. It will need a smog in novemer of 2012. It won't pass. You know what to do. if you can't get around Smog, I would recommend not buying this.
- the car is not painted yet. It's brilliant red, although the front bumper, hood, and trunk are all flat black. The body is in great shape, no dents, just minor paint chips.
- The side skirt area has minor dents, probably from improper jacking.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

There are some other things I have probably forgotten.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
I have 11 grand into the car right now. 2100$ for the Brighton, and 9 grand in parts.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
That's not including labor.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
Best of all. This is a Brighton. No sunroof. No door moldings. Only 1 speaker in the D/S/F, Crank windows, the Brighton is pretty much the USDM RA.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
This car took me a month of non stop building to complete. Full 60 hour work weeks.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****
Everything is JDM RA on the car. The only thing stock is the shell, widows, and interior.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

I really hate to sell it. But I screwed myself and have to.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

--I would like to get 12 grand FIRM. Or an impreza+ cash

If I don't sell it. I'm going to keep it as my fun car for non competition rally and gymkhana.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

Since my computer is down I would gladly send you pictures and videos via text message. Text me at eight one four 7616969. My name is Jordan. I would rather do it over texts anyway because I rarely get a chance to get on the forums. Feel free to PM me or post on this thread though. I'll try to check it every day.****SPAM --> REPORT THIS POST OR MESSAGE*****

·
Registered
V3 RA Brighton my96
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Wow I have no idea why it posted spam. Maybe because I copied it from my notepad?
Either way it's not spam. It's legit

*edit*
I just talked to my buddie and hes right. It is a salvage title. No matter how nice it is now, it still has that title. So I will set it to 12k OBO
And also I MIGHT part out. And just build this back to NA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts