Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lusting after one of these for a couple years now. There used to be a stock pristine silver example that was parked on my street here in Goose Hollow, Portland, but I never got up the courage to leave a note under the windshield wiper! I haven't seen her around for maybe a year or so.

If that was you, I'd still like to buy your car. Or if you're someone else, preferably somewhere in the PNW, or California, please let me know! Or you've got a friend, or a lead, etc. I'm interested in stock or modified RSTI, but preferably just some retirees daily driver that's been sitting under a blanket in their garage for 10 years!

Thanks,
Linus

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
399 Posts
Have you joined the GC8 owners club group on FB? Should be able to find someone in there willing to part with their car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's your budget?
Flexible. Really depends on the condition. Or whether it's already been swapped, etc. I'm trying to stay under 5k for something well kept under 200k miles. But am aiming for something closer to 3.5k.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
667 Posts
You can certainly find an RS in that price range, but it's gonna have a ton of issues. $3.5-5k will get you a clean, n/a L model, not a clean, lower miles coupe RS.

Here's an RS-WRX swapped sedan as an example:

Twin turbo project coupe:

Running and driving full STI swapped coupe (also prepped for race):

Running and driving full STI swapped coupe:

And so on.

You can save money and get an "L" coupe model and swap the RS/JDM parts onto. Then you'll only be missing out on the sunroof which adds weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts