Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 GC8 2.5 RS, Silver, 5spd
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRODUCT REVIEW : Options Racing Replica GC8 Fog Light Covers - Retail from ebay buyer Racing_Guys $22.95 + 10.00 shipping from California

I purchased these new aftermarket replica ABS plastic fog light covers. I bought these off ebay from Racing Guys Motorsports Equipment. This same exact item is also sold through Options Racing also an Ebay seller. The quality is fair. Being that I work in the toy and collectible industry I have worked with many overseas factories to know what is good quality. As you can see from the pics there's excessive flashing and mold parting lines left molded into the part that needed to be sanded and cleaned up. I spent about an hour or so sanding to get them cleaned up before going to paint. I recommend washing them as well to make sure any possible mold release chemicals are removed. I highly recommend cleaning them up before paint as they will look a little rough. I don't have the car here to test fit but once I go to the body shop I'll mount one up to check fitment. I plan on making my own brackets and purchasing some nice stainless hardware.

The main front surface or face of both of them looked smooth and clean with no sink marks. The radius around the edges of the face of the fog light covers were also nice.

The bottom of the covers are rough and not cleaned up by any means but since you don't see that anyways I'm not really concerned with that. Please note as well that they do not come with any of the hardware needed and has to be purchased separately.

Shipping was pretty quick, communication with them OK.

·
Registered
1999 GC8 2.5 RS, Silver, 5spd
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, just hope they fit nice, I'm picky about little details like that. I took an hour or so to sand the edges and mold lines out and make 'em nice. Should look nice once they are painted.
I couldn't find these new anywhere so I went with these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts