Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats up.....lookin at some of my japanese mags...i found something i forgotten....and da saga begins

so here it is....i went to Japan in Feb 02* and was there for about 2 and a half weeks, went to the Osaka Messe Show(dumbed down version of tokyo auto salon, but still bangin)......but anyways....when i first got out of the Narita Airport GUESS what was the first thing i saw when i stepped out?

YEAP it followed me....hahahaha

a clean GC8 STi ver 6 Silver....this car was literally right in front of me while i walked out the automatic doors....

(i took a shot of it BUT i dont have right now)

thought to myself, "is this a sign??? is this my new home....should i stay here for the rest of my human years????"

so i get in my distant uncle's nissan...Primera?(i forget what it was, but it had a awesome purple glowing guages with white needles, it was blacked out when it was off, DEFI? ha) so we head out.....i ask to stop by a rest stop cuz i needed some Green Fanta(as my japanese friends say Coolant Drink) andi pick up this mag....

Option 2 Feb 02*

jus flippin and lookin at all the koo stuff i never see in any tuner mag in the states....i notice this.....

.....i was thinkin....HEY i drew a pic just like this back in the summer....and added intomy business cards....

(as i digress)i was attemptin to do a cartoon piece about a tarmac rally in da ghetto part of south philly....car flips on a fire hydrant and then da drivers wave down the spectators for help but then da spec's end up jackin pieces of the car....and leaves then with their undies and the frame sittin on four stone blocks....anyways....i look thru the japanese characters and see....

then it says my name in it PHIL NAM...i was like HOLY manifestations of incredible S*** what da ***K is goin on???

.....thank god my aunt didn t kno what i said....

but i remembered that i sent in the pic thru email in Nov 01** but i never got a reply about it....so i figured ah oh well....i m not a great artist...hell i m goin against the creators of ANIME!!!

but from what i remember from what my buddy anton said that, they were glad that i sent them an email and that i was the first person from the states to send the a drawing....and i think they dechipered my email to them as well.....i forgot what i wrote but yea....

i think its just odd that i booked my flight in Nov 01**as well....seems like a connection of some sort.......Twilight Zone? if so, send ma azz back to JAPAN!!!!

2003 tokyo auto salon....i wont miss you this time baby~!~!!!

Accurit Performance

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Wow, that is an awesome story. Your destiny is calling! haha
I still have yet to visit Japan. I have friends that go for nearly every holiday of every year, and each time they bring back things and their stories, and sounds like such a bad ass place.
Soon... My time will come. lol.

And keep the good work Accurit!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zeorymer uwill love it.....someof the younger peeps kinda dress with funky colors...but all the car come correct....i saw a few rice cars with like aftermarket altezzas and stupid wing...but i swear they like GI's or someting couldn t been a japanese dood....hehe

wilddave1 yeah i never had my name printed ina big mag before thats just so koo!!!! and plus i didnt have to pay anythin either even better!!!!

just seein my name in print somewhere is just so dope ....just hearing my name called out at an Auto X makes me smile....woowhoooooooo~

Acc

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yah the military bases around here are full of US style Riceboys. Its even worse when they try to go to the races. They act like idiots and only get in the way. Yah I'll waste $4 a gallon on gas to run your 160hp car with my 350hp car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rice will eb the same no matter which side of the globe

all i need is 2 corners....>=)

maybe four just to tease

hahahaha

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Cool story! I love Japan. Been there once and plan to go again! Thank God the wife works at Japan Airlines :biggest:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
u are one lucky basturd.....

il be in japan in Jan and maybe summer time also....

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
man if i ever get to make that trip im going to take alot of money and just rent cars all day and see what real import power feels like!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nolimitski ahaha heres soem advise.....leave ur CC at home and don ttake any type of highways.....the least u can spend to just get on one is about 10 bucks the most i ve spent on a highway is 130

Acc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts