Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Impreza 2.5 RS
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok back again with another question, sort of like a personal opinion one too, but hey, I'm still interested in the public's point of view. So this time the two are
Prodrive axleback OR
Stromung Dual tip axleback

I've heard that both of them sound good so I guess that makes it a harder decision. Errr... I've never really minded much about sound, as much as performance but then again.... tips don't do hardly anything if that, w/o the rest of the set up i.e. e/i/h, mp, dp, up, etc. So just tell me what you feel about the two w/o the bs lol
thanks

-Ty

·
Registered
Impreza 2.5 RS
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Prodrive it is! Thanks, and I was definitly leaning towards it too. I think the one thing that I liked about the stromung dual tip was the fact that cops are sort of less prone to eye candy when they see dual tips. But hey... when you drive in a city w/ 2 2.5 RS's and 5-10 wrx's, what can you expect. The wing is what gets them going anyways... I should've figured that one out sooner... Well I still have 0 tickets... :)

Thanks for your input guys!

-Ty

·
Registered
Impreza 2.5 RS
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rattle problem? Hmm... I did read that on nasioc about that, but I never found out what mechanism in the exhaust is associated with it. I'll have to look into it once I recieve it. Thanks for commenting on that though.

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,331 Posts
Yeah I don't think Prodrive ever figured out what caused the rattle. It was a very subtle sound and I talked with [email protected] about it as well as Garage Tuning and it's just the way some of the oval tips are. Maybe they've figured it out by now and fixed it.

Regardless of the rattle, the oval tip looks way better than the stromung dual tip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts