Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hoodscoop that I'll be mounting to my L hood soon, and I would like some opinions. It is a carbon fiber scoop similar to the Subaru style scoops, but it will riveted on. I am debating whether to use standard silver rivets, probably in stainless steel or aluminum, or black colored rivets. My car is similar to Sedona Red Pearl. I'm thinking the black would be stealthier, and maybe accent the grille and trim, while the silver would complement the front end pretty nicely. Here is a link to the site with the scoop if you want to see it; just scroll down about half way.

http://www.carbontrix.com

I got the 18x10. I'll attach a few pics of the car, as well, to help out. Thanks!:)

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is one pic. I don't have the foglight covers on anymore.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's an older pic of the car before the mesh in the grill, just to show what the rest of the car looks like. It's also before the turbo and suspension, too!:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Northeast Ohio - where almost everything sucks.
Looks like I've got you beat! :D

Okay, 1 vote for black.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Make that two. :) I think black would be best.

Although a gunmetal might be a cool option if you could find it...

-Chris

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, 2 votes for black so far. I'm thinking the silver might look better, but I'm still not sure. Keep 'em coming.:)

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, if you pick one way or the other, please give a brief explanataion why. That is all for now!:)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'd go with the black.. I think it makes the job look cleaner, and silver would stand out too much on the carbon fiber.
:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh yea... post some pics when your done. If it looks good... I might try to do the same to my hood. I have an L too.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3 votes for black. I'm thinking of going with the silver, though. For one, they'll be 100 times easier to get. Also, I've thought about getting hood pins, and I would probably get them in silver. I know I have a stock hood, but when I'm on the highway and I look at it, I can see it moving, and I don't especially like that. Black would look cleaner, but I think silver would complement the mesh that I have, plus it'll look even better if I put mesh in the scoop. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think that would be a good combo... The mesh and the silver. If you didnt do mesh tho, the silver rivets would prob stand out more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts