Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
mine is fine, even better since we had that mass air flow sensor reall. I'm curious too, why wouldn't he get an intake?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Get an intake but do a lot of research before purchasing one. Do a good search here and on the I-club before making the decision. It will be worth it.

You won't see any heaping big gains by going to an intake. I ran a J-tube hot air intake and it really killed my low end. I'm not familiar with the Weapon-R. Just make sure if you decide to buy it that it has access to plenty of cold fresh air. The shorter the tube the less low end you will have but you will see more top end as a result.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Any intake that eliminates the torque box on a 99 will probably result in a lean run condition above 5500rpm. You'll need a SAFC.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What imprezadan said. :D

How about when you go WOT? Will this also create a Lean Run condition since it is using a set program within the ECU?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I should've been a little more elaborate..

On a MY99, don't get an intake. It's not worth it.. money: power gains:D

I only know one person that has a MY99 and an intake with no problems.. Danzborin. He's on this board, just not often.

I have an intake on my car, but the only reason is... I got it for free :D

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
don't have the time at work, plus the texas forums here is not so hot...

more cali folks than texans...

back on topic

a cobb intake modified does not have a run rich problem, just ask poppa smurf...;) and it is definately worth the money for the power... if people pay the money they do for cams and heads, intake should be a no brainer...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts