Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 Impreza LX, 2000 LGT wags
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to paint the hood, bumper and grill white on my aspen RS, and I still can't decide exactly what i want to do. I have narrowed it to either..

A. Paint the center black and clear coat, leaving the scoop and vents white. and then paint every where from the lines out white. Then match the grill black on the inside, and white where the hood matches up.

or

B. Go for the clean, all white hood.. (this is actually my car... it is the only pic I have so far..)

any opinions are welcome:help:... i want it to look clean.. so i think i'm gonna have to go with all white.. but i wouldn't mind having a slightly different GM right now

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,609 Posts
If you go with a black center, I would recommend painting the top of the car black to match.
Also, some black would have to be on the back as well...

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do agree with zeropunk, it would look a lot better to do the whole center black so it matches up..

yeahh, i think i'm agreeing with everyone so far.. ppl have said they like the black hood now, and i almost got fooled into thinking it would look better.. they don't know what an all white impreza looks like tho..

all white it is! thanks for input

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Kind of amazing but this paint scheme works on that car, IMO. But ZeroPunk is right, the roof and trunk would have to be painted black, with black trim on the red spoiler. Sort of an old school two tone scheme going on here. Whose car is this?

Don't do two tone on a white car, that will look like shit. Two tone with black only works on old school colors, like dark red or dark grey.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's actually bigshizzle79's car, he has the Ask a painter/body man thread.. http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41200&highlight=painter

His car gave me the idea since it does look good on the red, even without anything else black.. but I think every ones right, two tone black over white wont have the same effect.

although i did find this pic he photoshopped and i have to say, that looks tits!

from http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64775&page=4

Thanks bigshizzle again for the pics...

·
I <3 JDM
GC8 + GF + GG
5,166 Posts
+1 Just say NO to two tone.
i do agree with zeropunk, it would look a lot better to do the whole center black so it matches up..

yeahh, i think i'm agreeing with everyone so far.. ppl have said they like the black hood now, and i almost got fooled into thinking it would look better.. they don't know what an all white impreza looks like tho..

all white it is! thanks for input
ALL WHITE

I love that car

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
man.. now the next debate... paint my 5 spoke stokers that have bad curbage black, or white.. haha, i was more towards black.. but that sexiness makes me wanna go for white

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
I like the center of the hood FLAT black

but, you prolly already know that

(above pic was glossy, flat black was waay nastyier!!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.