Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
667 Posts
Can you work on cars, do you have the space to work on it, do you want an old sports car that will definitely need a lot of maintenance? The price seems high, but not too high, if it's a clean and well sorted car.

Also, driving on the "wrong" side of the car seems cool at first, but is a pain in the ass in the long term.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you work on cars, do you have the space to work on it, do you want an old sports car that will definitely need a lot of maintenance? The price seems high, but not too high, if it's a clean and well sorted car.

Also, driving on the "wrong" side of the car seems cool at first, but is a pain in the ass in the long term.
Yah I'm good with working on cars and all that but do you know if it would be able to ship back to the states because I am currently stationed here in Germany and I can't seem to find if a car like this would be able to go back home with me. And what indicators would be able to tell me if this an actual version 6 sti?

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
667 Posts
That is a version 5 or 6 STI. They are almost the same thing. I'm sure the Subaru nerds will be able to tell you which one it is exactly based on some cosmetic things. But mechanically they are almost identical.

The US has a 25 year importation rule, so you cannot bring it back and register it on the street until it's 25+ years old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts