Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone post the standard operating temperature ranges (oil, and water) of the RS. I just installed some gauges and wanted to make sure they were working correctly.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
My oil temp gauge runs between 70-90°C (158-194°F) after it's warmed up. Not sure if it matters but I have an OEM oil cooler installed too.. This is on an OEM performance gauge pack.

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, hey Peaty, I just got the same gauge pack. I only ask because my oil temp gauage seems to take like 20 minutes before it even starts to move from the 50 mark.

Maybe mine isn't working right or needs to be adjusted. Can it even be adjusted?

P.S. How goes the glove box project?

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Hmmm mine moves after about 10 min or so. Not sure why yours is lagging. I don't think it can be adjusted.

I'm still waiting on the switch/bulb thing from Sugar. She must be having problems getting it. As soon as it arrives I'll post a pic of it.

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
The oil will warm faster if you have the factory oil cooler, because it pulls some heat from the coolant early on when the coolant is hot and the oil is still cold. It normally takes my oil 5-10 minutes to reach the 150 mark on my Autometer gauge with no oil cooler, highway driving in 50-70 degree weather. After it fully warms, it normally runs very close to coolant temp, 190ish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts